What's new

Dr. Harris vs T&H vs TOBS

We always talk about the 3Ts, but I don't see much info out there on Dr. Harris........

How does Dr.Harris shave creams and overall fragrances (colognes) compare to T&H and TOBS?

So far, I can generalize and say that as far scents are concerned, TOBS seems to be the most conservative using mostly spicy notes (with the exception of Eton College). T&H scents seem to be more mainstream and modern. I guess everyone else falls somewhere in-between!? I don't know much asbout Dr. Harris at this point.

Last edited:
Iam still pretty new to DE wet shaving so my experience with different types of creams is fairly limited.
I do own a pot of D R Harris Lavender and I think it is a great cream.
The scent is brilliant and it lathers really well. I do find it very think and concentrated however and can be a little harder to face lather than my other creams.
Ive never used any ToBS creams before but Iam hoping to but a tube of Almond and Rose very soon.

Ive used all the T&H shaving creams and I definitely prefer Dr harris over them.

Dr Harris in my opinion, can produce the slickest, thickest lather I have ever had. This lather is easy to generate and hard to mess up. The scents are the best Ive smelled. Im currently rotating DR Harris Lavender and MWF.

I agree. I have DR Harris Marlborough and Arlington and love both scents. Lather is slick and cushioning. Much easier to generate nice lather with Harris than TOBS I think. I enjoy T&H also but Harris gets looked over too often IMO. Great scents and easy to use.

Is there a Dr Pepper one of those?!? That's freakin' fun!

I was a Pepsi drinker for 35 years until I was ran over by a 4 wheeler :eek:.. since then, I drink Coke. :biggrin:

On the OP, I have not tried a Harris cream... yet, but of the other two, I prefer T&H. While TOBS has more of a choice in scent and is cheaper, I find I use less T&H product and I prefer their scents.

The only TOBS scent I love is St. James. I need to give a few of them another chance as it was samples I tested. I am never happy with a factory sample of cream, or an old one for that matter.

The DR Harris scents are very traditional. Arlington and Classic are lighter citrus fragrances while Marlborough are Sandalwood are on the heavier end with Albany in the middle. Their shaving creams are the most expensive of the Creighton made creams and used to provide slightly more cushion than the others. The currently made cream seems to be on par with the 3T's and not worth the premium. Their shaves soaps on the other hand are as good as anything else out there.

Clint

I just wish the soaps came in a more useful bowl (why do Brits have something against ceramic?)
Oh, and it's DR Harris, NOT Dr.

The DR Harris scents are very traditional. Arlington and Classic are lighter citrus fragrances while Marlborough are Sandalwood are on the heavier end with Albany in the middle. Their shaving creams are the most expensive of the Creighton made creams and used to provide slightly more cushion than the others. The currently made cream seems to be on par with the 3T's and not worth the premium. Their shaves soaps on the other hand are as good as anything else out there.

Clint

How heavy can their scents get? Is it something similar to TOBS Mr. Taylor or Barber Shop, both the heaviest spiciest of the TOBS familiy of colognes?

Out of the shave products the Marlborough and Lavender shave creams are comparable in strength to the TOBS creams.

Clint

Ive used all the T&H shaving creams and I definitely prefer Dr harris over them.

Dr Harris in my opinion, can produce the slickest, thickest lather I have ever had. This lather is easy to generate and hard to mess up. The scents are the best Ive smelled. Im currently rotating DR Harris Lavender and MWF.

Tell me something, what do you get from the Harris cream creams that T&H doesn't offer you?

I'm starting to see differences between the two brands, I just wanna see if we're talking about the same thing? :001_smile

I also seem to get a slight burning sesnasation when using the T&H Grafton cream, usually on the start of the 3rd pass. Since you've used all T&H creams, do you have any advice regarding this? :confused:

I have used them all, and like them all. Currently, my favorite is T&H...just a great soap with a nice clean soapy smell.

Top Bottom