What's new

C&E BBB and Small Best Edwin Jagger Sizes?

I have three brushes:
1 C&E BBB (what I thought was the small size) (cream)
1 Small Edwin Jagger Best (black)
1 Medium Edwin Jagger Super (horn)

proxy.php

Here is where the confusion starts... I recently purchased the Small Edwin Jagger Best brush to use as a travel brush. But when I got the Small EJ Best in the mail, it was actually a good deal smaller than the C&E BBB. I measured the recently arrived Small EJ Best and the size was exactly as it is listed on the TESC site, so I didnt get the wrong brush. About 85mm tall...

I haven't really noticed until now, but the Medium Super and C&E BBB are pretty much the same size (about 100mm tall). I thought it looked a little different since the Super Hair is thicker and more dense, so I think this threw me off. Is it possible that C&E confused their Medium BBB with the Small BBB and labeled it wrong (the label does say small)? This would explain it...

proxy.php

Im not sure if the C&E brushes had different sizing from the EJ, but I would think not.

What is the actual measurement of your C&E BBB brush? Or is mine actually a medium?!?! Did I get the $65 brush for $35?!?!

Any help is appreciated!

The C&E BBB brush Small, is the EJ brush Medium. There's no mistake. Each company has various sizes and I don't believe there is a standard for what Small, Medium, or Large is, except within the manufacturer themselves. Yes, EJ makes the brush for C&E, but C&E labels it as a Small. I believe the only brush C&E carries that is smaller is their travel brush. And it is smaller! So their smallest brush is not a small, it's a travel brush. EJ probably has a brush that is smaller than the C&E small, so they call their (C&E version) a medium. There, clear as mud :eek:

Top Bottom