What's new

Barbershop 1950's

Great video - Maybe I am young and a bit naive but I think that as the "baby boomers" are getting older and retiring (also the largest age demographic) - we will see a resurgence of the Barber Shop.

I swear that the man getting the hair cut in the video looks like our own Farrell (barberofdeville). You don't suspect he is some kind of time traveler, do you? It's uncanny.:biggrin:

Last edited:
That is my dream shop. One day i will own my shop and it will look like that and each barber will act like the guy in that video. I swear if its the only barber shop left at that time it will happen.:biggrin: I need to find a reasonable manufacturer of that coat he is wearing.

Let me know when you're open, and I'll drive to Louisville for a shave and a haircut! :thumbup1:

Great video - Maybe I am young and a bit naive but I think that as the "baby boomers" are getting older and retiring (also the largest age demographic) - we will see a resurgence of the Barber Shop.

One can only hope.

Also, that lather machine was badass.

That's what the barber shop was like that I went to as a kid in the 80s growing up in a small town. The barber used the same chair and booster seat... oh the memories.

Glad you enjoyed it, I found my old password to access my youtube account and dug out this gem I had saved in my favourites. I love the music and narrators voice:smile:

Top Bottom