What's new

Musgo v. Proraso v. Speick

Which would you reach for first?

• Musgo Splash

• Proraso Splash

• Speick Splash

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am just about out of my aqua velva splash and I am looking for a new splash.

I like the menthol blast associated with the aqua velva, but I am interested in Musgo and Speick. I would prefer something that didn't leave too much of a scent. But on the flip side, what is the scent of Musgo and Speick like and how long does it linger??

And lastly, if you had to reach for one of the three products, which would it be? Answer in the poll!!

I'm a fan of all three splashes, but, like the question asks, which would I reach for first? To me, the Musgo is the most effective post-shave product of those listed. When it comes to smell, it's tied with the Speick, and Proraso a near second.

I voted for Musgo cause I love it. It does smell pretty strong and lingers well into the day. If you like your splashes to fade I would go with the Proraso. Not sure about Spieck & how long it lingers.

Musgo Real is my "going out" aftershave while Speick is my "low-key," "everyday" choice. I have not had the pleasure of sampling the Proraso splash, but I would imagine it is more "casual" than Musgo Real.

Musgo is good stuff, but the scent stays around a looooong time. And if you use too much you end up sticky. But if you like the scent and don't go nuts on it, it's great. Does not play well with colognes.

Proraso - I don't know. I think it's mentholated. Not for me if it is.

Speick - works great and gets out of the way.

The only solution is $53 + shipping from West Coast Shaving. To my knowledge they are the only ones who carry all three AS's. These are the 3 that I have in rotation all the time. For me they are all fantastic and I really don't want to narrow it down. Musgo is the best healer, Speick is the most eye opening and Proraso is like a newborn fresh scent. My daily default right now is Speick, but last month it was Proraso etc... Sorry to be of little help narrowing it down, but if you do get them all from one vendor you save the cost of 2 extra shipping charges and you will also have a years supply of AS. BTW, I am in no way affiliated with West Coast Shaving. Good luck.

Speick is wonderful. It has great healing properties and the scent is very nice. Even after a rotten shave, the application of Speick will not burn. My only complaint is that the scent fades too quickly.

The only solution is $53 + shipping from West Coast Shaving. To my knowledge they are the only ones who carry all three AS's. These are the 3 that I have in rotation all the time. For me they are all fantastic and I really don't want to narrow it down. Musgo is the best healer, Speick is the most eye opening and Proraso is like a newborn fresh scent. My daily default right now is Speick, but last month it was Proraso etc... Sorry to be of little help narrowing it down, but if you do get them all from one vendor you save the cost of 2 extra shipping charges and you will also have a years supply of AS. BTW, I am in no way affiliated with West Coast Shaving. Good luck.

Yeah thats where Im going to be purchasing from since they appear to be the only site that have the proraso splash in stock. looks like I will probably be doing just that, along with a blade bank, and a tube of speick shave cream. . . Thanks again B&B for helping me to spend more than I thought I would!! surprise surprise

Speick but all three are quite good. I just like the scent of Speick. I might also suggest looking into SCS's aftershaves as well as Boosters' aftershaves. They are great and cost effective.

Get Musgo for the new AS and get AV for everyday. AV is cheap as dirt and you know it will not go to waste.

proraso has the most menthol, and also has great skin healing properties.

after 20 minutes of trying to pick between these choices, i went with speick. it just has it all.

but of course, what's an aftershave splash without 444 asb?!?! it's just mandatory!

I think I've changed my opinion after a week of Proraso splash use...I really like it slightly better than the Musgo...but, thats just me!

I've only tried Musgo and Specik balms and would pick Musgo as the everyday one. I am not over keen on the scent of Proraso cream so wouldn't pick it in a balm, 444 is better if you're looking for the menthol kick.

Top Bottom