What's new

Still Getting Ingrown Hairs

I've been using a DE for over six months and it seems like lately I've been getting more ingrown hairs. I normally only use a blade once. Lately I've cut back the number of passes I make from 4-3. I've mainly been shaving WTG, sometimes XTG for touch up's. I don't shave ATG and I've started shaving every other day instead of every day. I always shower before I shave to help soften the whiskers and I usually use either Proraso Pre/Post or Shave Secret as well. Any suggestions?:frown:

I've been using a DE for over six months and it seems like lately I've been getting more ingrown hairs. I normally only use a blade once. Lately I've cut back the number of passes I make from 4-3. I've mainly been shaving WTG, sometimes XTG for touch up's. I don't shave ATG and I've started shaving every other day instead of every day. I always shower before I shave to help soften the whiskers and I usually use either Proraso Pre/Post or Shave Secret as well. Any suggestions?:frown:

I would stop using the Proraso Pre/Post and the Shave Secret and see how your shaves are without those two. Maybe either of those are a contributing factor to the ingrown hairs.

Try exfoliating your shave area with a small facial brush and a natural, moisturizing soap (i.e. natural olive oil soap), the night before you shave. Brush gently in small circles to remove dead skin and lift hairs out. Use a natural moisturizer and go to bed. You should see an improvement after a few days.

Hope that's helpful:001_smile

Turkish,

I wish you well brother...I've been having some redness bumps as of late that I can't go away no matter how long I spend in the bathroom shaving!

Make sure you angle is very shallow and I know (for me) I can actually over prep. Try shaving before a shower and do one hot towel for about 2 min then gently face lather or bowl lather. Oh and it could be the blade. Feathers give me some bumps.

The ingrown hair problem can, for some, be remedied, I asked a barber about this when I first started wet shaving, by lathering directly on the face using a tube cream or a stick soap.

See how that works for you. It's helped me quite a bit.

Top Bottom