Thread: Any europeans around; where do you buy your strops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Any europeans around; where do you buy your strops

Hello!

I have been browsing the Internet for some online vendor in Europe that has reasonable prices. I have found

http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/

and

http://www.koordenwinkel.eu/

I am sure that they are very fine retailers, but their prices really are not competitive with the american market, and surely they are not as well stocked either, at least not when it comes to strops (no Illinois strops for example).

Any suggestions would be appriceated.

Many thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Images

The Invisible Edge is also making some very attractive strops.
    Henry

My Kit

henry (@) badgerandblade.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I ordered from Miller site directly, but maybe I would order from EU site now because it took 2 hours in the customs to get one strop to the country. Tony made all the paperwork right, but Finnish customs didn't believe those documents so I had to take trip to work to print receipts about payment. There even wasn't code for strop so we did go thru 12000 item codes and finally they decided to use code for "technical leather for machining". Well they collected 19 EUR of taxes after 2 hours in customs. I bet that was beneficial for the government and me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Got one

Wound up ordering from http://www.winkelplein.nl

thanks for all the links!

Kema, I don't know how the swedish customs will do it, I am just worried that it will spend half an eternity at the customs dept (happened with a tobacco pipe), then they will make me pay through my nose. Good thing it got solved in just two hours. Will probably get myself a Miller strop when I am in less of a hurry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

AFAIK Tony Miller does have a UK based retailer, ask him about it, may save you a lot of hassle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kees,
    I now longer wholesale anything. I find being a craftsman rather than a manufacturer suits me better.

The stock they have is from a batch I sold them last year but will not be replenished. It is identical to what I still offer now possibly with the exceptiong of the end cap detail.

Thanks,
    Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kema View Post
    I ordered from Miller site directly, but maybe I would order from EU site now because it took 2 hours in the customs to get one strop to the country. Tony made all the paperwork right, but Finnish customs didn't believe those documents so I had to take trip to work to print receipts about payment. There even wasn't code for strop so we did go thru 12000 item codes and finally they decided to use code for "technical leather for machining". Well they collected 19 EUR of taxes after 2 hours in customs. I bet that was beneficial for the government and me...
    I ordered straight from Tony "perfectus" Miller too, I didn't had any problems with customs; went there and paid 22% VAT, no other duties and got my strops.
    I've never had any problems with the customs and I have ordered stuff from many US vendors in past years.
    Ari P.O.G.