What's new

Metroplex Gathering

Gentleman of North Texas, mark your calendars for Saturday, 18 April 2009. One of very own, paul.c, will be at home on leave from Army life and we are planning a little get together to welcome him home...and maybe talk a little shaving. The game plan is to meet around 12noon at David's BBQ in Arlington. We have had a few meetings there and have had some wonderful meals and fellowship. Last time out we had half a dozen guys show, let's try to double that total. So gather whatever you want to trade or give as samples. I may even have a few items to offer as giveaways. But more importantly, we would like gather together to show our gratitude for paul.c's service.

I will post directions to Sonny's in the near future. If anyone has any questions, please shoot a PM my way.

Last edited:
April 18th, a date immortalized by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere

Listen my children and you shall hear
Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
On the eighteenth of April, in Seventy-five;
Hardly a man is now alive
Who remembers that famous day and year.

Now, aren't you happy that you picked that date?:biggrin:

April 18th, a date immortalized by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere

Listen my children and you shall hear
Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
On the eighteenth of April, in Seventy-five;
Hardly a man is now alive
Who remembers that famous day and year.

Now, aren't you happy that you picked that date?:biggrin:

Well....yeah, like that's why the date was chosen. :001_rolle

You going to make the gathering?

Do you mean David's BBQ on Park Row in Arlington? I can't recall a Sonny's in Arlington. I think that David's was called either Sonny Bryan's or Red Bryan's many years ago.

Gents, I will not be able to make it but will send something I'm working on as a prize to my Texas brethren. Have a great time.

Steve and James... you are correct. It is David's BBQ. My bad.

Anyway, it should be a grand time. There might even be some extra special giveaways this time around. More info to come!

James, do you need some Speick, my friend? Lucky for you I just happen to have some in stock!

One of B&B's wonderful vendors has offered to donate some giveaways for those members who come to the meet-up! Mark your calendars, gents!

More info to follow!

Didn't get there last time. Will definitely try harder this time.

Says the man who cant even keep goldfish alive much less hit a date in freaking April.:biggrin:

One of B&B's wonderful vendors has offered to donate some giveaways for those members who come to the meet-up! Mark your calendars, gents!

More info to follow!

From the humble beginnings of a paid wager (BBQ and beer) over a Cowboys/Giants game, we now have vendor interested in a DFW gathering? Very cool and very nice of that vendor. Yes, I do need a tube of Speick in exchange.

Heck, I'll send down a tube of Irish Moos Cream for the affair, that is as long as James promises to send a doggie bag this time (and follows through).:wink:

Top Bottom