What's new

Where do i stop shaving?

I Have been using DE for almost a week now. Every time I shave I shave a little more of the side of my neck and am slowly working my way back. How do I keep myself from shaving the back of my neck by the end of the week!?
Should I just not pass my ear? What is the best way to clean sidburns with a DE?

Why not outline your beard area in permanent marker and only shave inside this line? Problem solved.

More seriously, I think that not shaving too much past your ear too much is a good idea. Ultimately it is just an issue of your own judgement.

I would also be interested in how to control sideburns, I find I get 'sideburn creep' between haircuts. I start of looking like Neville Chamberlain and finish looking like Elvis.

Last edited:
I often shave the back of my neck (time permitting)... My barber shaves the back of my neck after a haircut, so I maintain it periodically. Why would that be undesirable?

As for the the sideburns, I admit sometimes I have trouble leaving well enough alone. Fortunately I can pull off a sideburn coming just to the bottom of my ear, so I use a east-west pass under each ear as my guide to keep the bottom lines even, and prevent them from creaping ever upward.

Last edited:
I shave the back of my neck also, but I wear a flattop with a short goatee, and I think it's a very "under control" look that wouldn't go well together with a scruffy back of the neck. Others may disagree or find that it's overkill for their hairstyle.

Why not outline your beard area in permanent marker and only shave inside this line? Problem solved.

More seriously, I think that not shaving too much past your ear too much is a good idea. Ultimately it is just an issue of your own judgement.

I would also be interested in how to control sideburns, I find I get 'sideburn creep' between haircuts. I start of looking like Neville Chamberlain and finish looking like Elvis.

Why not outline your side burns in permanent marker? You can reapply the marker weekly so that you always have good reference lines.

something about flat tops that bothers me. . . On another note JECIII Where does your hair stop growing? does your beard wrap around to your back? if so i think you should not stop shaving till you run out of hair

I guess you can shave anywhere you please but you should not have to shave the back of you neck but ever now and then. Your facial hair should end at the jaw line.

Top Bottom