What's new

What's this Gillette Model?

Hi Guys,

Just seeking some advice as to what model this is (see images)?

Do I just call it a 70s Gillette or is it a 'Nack' or something?

Also, you may just make out what looks to be a tiny hairline crack in the handle - only about 5mm long - is this a common 'fault' - like the cracks in early Gillette razors?

Any advice greatly....

proxy.php

proxy.php

British version of the "Knack". Thought of as a good, mild/gentle razor. Interesting handle, completely unique.

The slim twist is what you have. A knack is a US razor. There is another style slim twist that looks exactly like the knack.

Knack (USA).
proxy.php

Slim Twist (England)
proxy.php

Slim Twist (England)
proxy.php

Try it first. If you don't like it, sell it.

I partly agree. Here's what I would say: try it first, if you don't like it, put it away for a few months then try it again. Then if you don't like it sell it.

In my case, razors that work well for me in the winter do not work in the summer months.

I have a black handled gillette that looks almost exactly like the last slim twist in those three photos. The only difference is that the handle of mine has smooth ridges that run almost the entire length of the handle and no other textures. The photo seems to have circles that run the circumference of the handle.

Mine is an O3.

Any ideas?

I have a black handled gillette that looks almost exactly like the last slim twist in those three photos. The only difference is that the handle of mine has smooth ridges that run almost the entire length of the handle and no other textures. The photo seems to have circles that run the circumference of the handle.

Mine is an O3.

Any ideas?

Sounds like the German Slim twist made in England.

Mine is an O3.

Any ideas?

It's an British 1994. I'd have to look it up but I think it's a G1000, maybe a G2000. It was the later version of the Slim Twist. I have a P-1 version.

Would you advise to keep of sell? (I haven't tried it yet?)

I may be interested if you do decide to sell, I started DE shaving when I was 15 or so with one of these and would love another one for sentimentality (and use of course!) :cool:

Last edited:
Cool razor. I like the handle a lot.

You wan't one? They can be found everywhere here in Denmark. Let me know if I shall find you one when the flea-market season begins.

I have one:

proxy.php

It's a really nice shaver; Reveiw here. Reminds me a lot of my 40s SS.

Regards.

Jakob

Last edited:
I may be interested if you do decide to sell, I started DE shaving when I was 15 or so with one of these and would love another one for sentimentality (and use of course!) :cool:

I sell a lot of vintage razors (as well as new safety razors, brushes, creams and soaps etc) via my web site - I think it breaks B&B rules to advertise it though. Anyway, it looks like there are plenty of these around for a good price.

Incidentally, tried the Twist this morning with my usual blade type (which I use in a Fat Boy and Merkur 1904) and I had a really uncomfortable shave - much like shaving with a really dull blade, not sure what happened - I'll try another blade in case the first was faulty - or put the same blade in the Fat Boy and try.

Top Bottom