What's new

British Sterling.

Anybody here use British Sterling? I've used it for years and really love the scent but I haven't seen it mentions here.

Doc.

Floris # 89 was the inspiration for British Sterling. The Floris gets quite good press here on the B&B. You may want to try it for yourself.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I have both the cologne and aftershave. I use them occasionally. I find I have to use them lightly as they can tend to be a bit heavy.

A blast from the past. I used it years (read decades) ago, wasn't even aware it was still being produced. The same goes for English Leather, mentioned above, is it still around? Never used Canoe, but the advertising will forever be remembered...canoe canoe? :smile: I'll have to look more closely at the area Big Lots. I know I've never seen it there before. A year or so ago, I did find an Old Spice spray cologne though.

My grandfather had a bottle on his dresser for as long I can remember. I always thought the bottle was very fancy looking. I couldn't tell you what it smelled like, but it doesn't really matter. (No, I am not calling it an"old man" scent.) I may need to pick one up just for old times' sake.

He also had a DE razor with the butterfly doors that I loved to play with when I was a kid; sadly, he passed away long before I knew it was something I'd want to keep.

Thanks for the happy memories.

While I'm the kind of cheap aftershaves and colognes, wearing British Sterling just makes me wish I had on Floris no.89.

+1 on the Big Lots recommendation- I can get a bottle of the British Sterling cologne for 1.00.

My dad used it--British Sterling and cigars. I don't know if I'd like it now, but I thought that it was the most manly thing in the world when I was a kid.

Top Bottom