What's new

Pleana? Prebeau? New Feather replaceable blade straights?

These look like perhaps a way to sell blades. They are new on Classics site, I think. What do you think?

I am still testing the water with my little toe! :biggrin:

Hey! Post #1,000!!!

:confused:

Congrats on 1K though...

Thanks! :biggrin:

I was looking at the Feather Artist Club. At 4:30AM I don't want to strop. The Feathers look like a good way to go although I'm told Sanguine works well too. I guess I just have more faith in Feathers blades. These new guys are different enough to be interesting, but I guess I am wondering if they are more marketing than a real improvement.

Do I REALLY want to go down the straight road? :tongue:

I've never used a feather straight but, from what I hear, if I'm too groggy to strop I wouldn't want to be holding one of them against my face either.

Grats on 1K!

I've never used a feather straight but, from what I hear, if I'm too groggy to strop I wouldn't want to be holding one of them against my face either.

Grats on 1K!

It's not that I'm too groggy. But if I wanted to use a straight I suspect I'd have to get up even earlier. 4:30 is early enough, thank you! :biggrin: So I'm looking for that straight shave without the straight time.

Avoid the Sanguine, I've used one and promptly threw it in the trash. Same with my experience with the Feather disposables.

There is no similarity, in my opinion, between a disposable straight and the experience you will have with an actual solid straight. Get yourself a basic $20 barber training straight and learn on that from the get go.

It's not that I'm too groggy. But if I wanted to use a straight I suspect I'd have to get up even earlier. 4:30 is early enough, thank you! :biggrin: So I'm looking for that straight shave without the straight time.

Ya, I concur that 4:30 :eek: is early enough.

Although I'll also add that stropping really only takes a minute, two if you're gung-ho. And frankly it is one of the best parts of using a straight. It's like shaving meditation. A year ago I was of the same opinion as you are now. Of course one year on and I love stropping, honing is fun, and I'm bidding on old Freddy Reynolds wedges on the bay to sand up and refinish.

...On second thought, stay away from straights while you still can, before it's too late for you too!

Though I suspect that a Feather or similar system is just another, albeit earlier, step on the straight road to perdition.

Top Bottom