What's new

God Bless Texas

OK guys, lets leave politics out of this one. It's just a bit of humor I received via email:

GOD BLESS TEXAS !!

This is the law:

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him, 'Why carry a .45?'. The Ranger responded with, 'Because they don't make a .46.' *Credit to Retired Texas Ranger Joaquin (Waukeen) Jackson, Alpine, Texas .

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

8. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

Comments:

I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. To which I said I did. She said, 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, 'Of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets.' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?' My reply was, 'No, not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and THEY ARE ALL LOADED.'

Parting note: An unloaded gun is just a club.

!! GOD BLESS TEXAS !!

OK guys, lets leave politics out of this one. It's just a bit of humor I received via email:

GOD BLESS TEXAS !!

This is the law:

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him, 'Why carry a .45?'. The Ranger responded with, 'Because they don't make a .46.' *Credit to Retired Texas Ranger Joaquin (Waukeen) Jackson, Alpine, Texas .

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

8. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

Comments:

I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. To which I said I did. She said, 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, 'Of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets.' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?' My reply was, 'No, not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and THEY ARE ALL LOADED.'

Parting note: An unloaded gun is just a club.

!! GOD BLESS TEXAS !!

unless it has a bayonet, then its a spear!:biggrin:

You know you're right. :smile:

They even write songs about it.

God blessed Texas with His own hand
Brought down angels from the promised land
Gave 'em a place where they could dance
If you wanna see heaven brother here's your chance
I've been sent to spread the message
God blessed Texas

FYI, it's pretty common knowledge that when Texans die we don't go to heaven. We're already there. :biggrin:

I LOVE Texas. I had a student (an exchange student from Hungary) look at me like I was a horrible man when I mentioned my owning a handgun. She said something to the effect of "you want to kill people?"

I, of course, looked at her as though she had grown a third eye in the middle of her forehead.

As you can imagine, we couldn't understand each other on this issue. Hungary must be nothing like Texas. :lol:

General Sheridan, when military governor of Texas, said, "If I owned Hell and Texas, I would live in Hell and rent Texas out." But of course he was a Yankee, so I am sure the feeling was mutual.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
:lol:

The French Army has a few things to say about Texas ...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peBKMUEQJLM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

:001_rolle

That's why God gave us beer. The hot Texas summer just makes a cold, cold beer that much better.

As an Airman I can vouch for that! Our basic training is in San Antonio, my Tech School was in San Antonio, my journeyman course was in San Antonio, my craftsman course was in San Antonio, my .50 cal/MK-19/81mm mortar course was in San Antonio...

Needless to say I spend a great deal of time attending some kind of training in San Antonio. There were many days after training in the field that a cold beer was the first thing on our minds.

August 2004. As soon as I got my driver's license, I went to the big gun show in Dallas and walked out with an AK-47 clone in one hand and an FAL in the other. I don't miss California's asinine gun laws one bit. :gunsmilie:

Last edited:
Top Bottom