What's new

Great price on a Dovo?

I have the opportunity to buy a new Dovo for 50 bucks from a private party. The blade says DOVO INOX and the handle looks to be imitation mother of pearl (I guess it could be real though). It is similar to this one but has the stylized Dovo on the handle:

http://www.straightrazorplace.com/f...-dovo-genuine-mother-pearl-inox-ss-5-8-a.html

I assume this is a great deal and I should snap it up, but I was just wondering what people's experiences were with this razor.

Thanks,
GB

don't know much about the razor but it does look pretty sweet.

I only have one Dovo, a Dovo Tortoise and it's a very good shaver. It's light and agile.

I sent him a message, I'll be getting it unless it has sold already. He has been trying to sell it for a few weeks with no takers, so I expect ti get it no problem. Hopefully it turns out to be real mother of pearl but I doubt it. When I lowballed him with a 40 dollar offer a couple days ago he said it had 50 bucks worth of gold on/in it. I don't know if this is true, but Dovo's are a good razor I hear so it will certainly be the best razor in my admittedly small collection.

I'll post pics when/if I get it.

Thanks for the advice,
GB

I'm excited about it. I have been stuck shaving with my safety razor because I rolled the edge stropping my straight (I think I did at least). There is going to be a hone party in early April where I hope to learn enough to keep my two good straights in shape and maybe bring back to service a couple of older ones that are in need of rehab.

BDD

the one in your top message is the genuine MOP if you notice it has a 41 stainless blade and no gold on it, the Pearlex depending on which version you get as there are 2 does have gold trim on, I got both and both are great shavers for $50 if there are no nicks in the blade and it is in otherwise good condition thats about 1/2 price of a new model so a great deal.

There are 2 Dovo Pearlex models 1 with a carbon blade that has gold trim on it and another with a stainless blade that does not, see Vintageblades for pictures of both models.

Last edited:
Top Bottom