What's new

Don't drop the soap

Hi, uh, so I just received a bar of soap from Nancy Boy, great product, really pleased, etc, but...

I've been using shower gel all my life, and I don't really know how to tackle the thing.

Any tips on using bar soap effectively for a newbie?

(Are you supposed to use a scrubber / rag?)

When I first started using better quality soaps I got myself one of those mesh poofy dealies. A few swipes of the soap would provide me with ample lather. It seems to make the soap last longer as an added bonus.

When I first started using better quality soaps I got myself one of those mesh poofy dealies. A few swipes of the soap would provide me with ample lather. It seems to make the soap last longer as an added bonus.

+1. The puffs work great. Lots of lather and exfoliates well.

I've been using shower gel all my life, and I don't really know how to tackle the thing.

Any tips on using bar soap effectively for a newbie?

(Are you supposed to use a scrubber / rag?)

Funny thing is, I have the exact opposite problem...I've never used shower gels...I've used soap and a wash cloth my entire life. Never wanted to use one of the poofy things and a gel (nothing wrong with it I guess just never did it).. So I went to the store today to buy a good quality bar soap and they are no-where to be found not even at Bath and Body Works. Only thing available is gel. I'm tired of the Ivory bars breaking and becoming useless when they get too thin. Any suggestions on a quality/inexpensive bar soap?

I just rub the soap bar all over my body until I get a decent lather then use may hands to spread it. Wash it off. Done.

Wow, that really made me laugh. Thanks!

No problem! I know so little about wetshaving that I'm not likely to ever offer anything constructive (aside from supporting folks in their new addic--er...hobby), so I might as well go for the humor. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom