What's new

Celebrity Burns

Since I posted something on sideburn lengths, I figured I might as well have people name some cool celebrities with at least moderate burns.

David Beckham
David Tennat
Jeffrey Donovan(most of the time)
Luca Toni
James Bond(well the actors who play him)
John Travolta
William Shatner(the star trek days anyway)
Tim Allen

Elvis, who was famous for his side burns, actually sported moderate side burns in the 50's. They got lopped off in the army and stayed lopped off through most of the movie years. They returned in the late 60's only to be eclipsed by mutton chops in 1969 and through the 70's

Trevor Bolder, from Ziggy Stardust-era Bowie, had some amazingly huge sideburns, dyed gray and hanging down low. Here's a pic, plus you can see them in all their glory in the video below of Bowie's "Starman" at 1:05. Great song, too! :a14:

full

[YOUTUBE]muMcWMKPEWQ[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
At first I thought he had a couple of rabbit leg earrings. Those must be fake. He's not old enough to have grown something like that. A few places online are saying they are fake too.

At first I thought he had a couple of rabbit leg earrings. Those must be fake. He's not old enough to have grown something like that. A few places online are saying they are fake too.

I tend to believe they were genuine. He was 22 in 1972, and could have started growing them at age 18 or 19 even if he was a late bloomer. There are other pictures of him with the same sideburns in their natural color. But the main evidence for me, is in an interview where he described the break-up of the band:

"As soon as it was over, the first thing I did was shave off those bloody sideburns."

I tend to believe they were genuine. He was 22 in 1972, and could have started growing them at age 18 or 19 even if he was a late bloomer. There are other pictures of him with the same sideburns in their natural color. But the main evidence for me, is in an interview where he described the break-up of the band:

"As soon as it was over, the first thing I did was shave off those bloody sideburns."

Hmmm. That is pretty much good enough for me. None of the places that said they were fake were definitive, so I'll call them real.

GB

How about :

Jackie Stewart ----
proxy.php

Graham Hill

Maybe not celebrities to people as much now as they were in their heyday, but undoubtedly some major sideburns going on there. Gotta love early Formula 1!

And of course, we can't have William Shatner by himself, without Leonard Nimoy:

proxy.php

The great Deforest Kelley used to say that he always knew when it was time for another Star Trek movie becuase some one from Paramount make-up would come to his house to make his sideburns pointy.

"Dammit Jim, I'm a Doctor not a damned fashion model!"

Top Bottom