What's new

Cigar of the Year 2008

Anyone smoked one of these guys?

At $5.25 a pop I might have to pick a couple up.

Happy to see the Padron Serie 1926 80 Year Maduro snagged the #2 spot, what a fantastic smoke. If it weren't for the price, I would have a humi packed full of those guys. (If I could find more than 2 at a time that is:lol:)

Thomas I have not smoked one yet, but for the price I do need to p/u a few as well. You know, I was really suprised to not see the Oliva V in the top ten.

DL

You know, I was really suprised to not see the Oliva V in the top ten.
DL

I agree. Fantastic line. I'm surprised the Liga Especial Double only placed 12th. The RP Decade Torpedo was a real shocker too, only 15th? I had one awhile ago and it was a fantastic smoke. Definitely in the top 10 for me at least. Speaking of RP, I picked up a Nording Robusto the other day. Ever smoked one?

I agree. Fantastic line. I'm surprised the Liga Especial Double only placed 12th. The RP Decade Torpedo was a real shocker too, only 15th? I had one awhile ago and it was a fantastic smoke. Definitely in the top 10 for me at least. Speaking of RP, I picked up a Nording Robusto the other day. Ever smoked one?

The B&Ms around here do not have them so I havent had the opportunity to buy one yet. The only RP that I really like is the Edge. Not to say that RP is not good, I really haven't smoked too many. I have several different RP cigars in my humidor and suppose I will get around to smoking them.

I was happy to see Litto Gomez score high. I am really into La Flor Dominicana Ligero and Double Ligero right now. LFD is currently my favorite non-habano. Oh, it the first cigar to really make me light-headed! Usually after a ribeye steak is when I grab a Double Ligero Chisel. Man those things are awesome! If you like full cigars Thomas, you should try one.

DL

Great website -- but what about the Bacardi rum they're advertising? I haven't noticed it in stores. Worth a try?

The Casa Magna is a great cigar for the price but you know me........64's all the way baby!!!!.......:biggrin:

Amen! I've got a 64 Exclusivo in my humipack just screaming to be smoked. It's supposed to get up to around 50 here on Wednesday. So I'm thinking of cracking it out.:001_smile

The only RP that I really like is the Edge.

I haven't tried that particular line yet. I've smoked the Decade and the 10th ITC(ITC wasn't anything to rave about.)

I am really into La Flor Dominicana Ligero and Double Ligero right now. LFD is currently my favorite non-habano. Oh, it the first cigar to really make me light-headed! Usually after a ribeye steak is when I grab a Double Ligero Chisel. Man those things are awesome! If you like full cigars Thomas, you should try one.

I'll keep that in mind next time I'm in my local B&M. Gotta love a full cigar.

I'm going to have to try one of these. I hope this is a game changer for Plasencia, I'm not enamored with any of his direct lines. The stuff he grows for Rocky is great though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom