What's new

Any ID help would be appreciated.

proxy.php

I'm pretty sure the one on the right is a Tech, but not so sure about the two in the middle and the TTO on the left.

This is what happens when you stay up late reading stickied razor cleaning threads, you get the urge to find some razors that really need cleaning! :smile:

Eleven bones on Ebay, and they come with a brush, bowl and atomizer.

The bowl and atomizer I don't need, but the threads on the brush forum regarding restoration are calling out to me...

Left is a black handle 70's style Super Speed, next is a nickel fat handle Tech, next appears to be a military issue fat handle gold Tech (based upon the handle actually being black and not corroded.

Guido, I agree on the others but I believe that third razor is a regular brass razor with a heavy layer of green oxidation on the brass handle, rather than a black military issue handle.

Gumby, if you can, let us know what the handle on that third one polishes up to be . . . I'm way passed due to out-guess AsylumGuido on one of these things. :001_rolle

Regards,
Tom

Guido, I agree on the others but I believe that third razor is a regular brass razor with a heavy layer of green oxidation on the brass handle, rather than a black military issue handle.

Gumby, if you can, let us know what the handle on that third one polishes up to be . . . I'm way passed due to out-guess AsylumGuido on one of these things. :001_rolle

Regards,
Tom

:lol:

Make it so.

:wink:

Thanks. I'm hoping to get one good tech out of the the bunch, as the one I have is an aluminum Brit, and I'd like something heftier. The others might get gifted if they can be made presentable, prehaps replated. I've got a couple freinds who might make the switch if they were given a razor. :001_smile

The SS wil probably go in the stable if it's in working order.

It'll be fun to have some projects, perhaps I'll treat myself to something nicer later. Some of those Aristocrats look sweet. :w00t:

Oh, and I'll be sure to let you know what that handle is after the Scrubbing Bubbles, Barkeeper's Friend and some elbow grease get a go at it!

Last edited:

Regards,
Tom

Extremely grungy, thick, nasty dark green verdigris made that fat handle tech look black. By the time I got through knocking most of it off with a toothbrush and various evil compounds, I think I might have gotten clean through the copper plating...is there a base metal in the handle? If not, there is some strange oxidation going on there! :confused:

The other fat handle cleaned up pretty nice, a little brassing towards the sides up top but not bad at all. The ball end Tech has some of the plating on the top that's just barely bubbled, but otherwise it's just fine. The SS black handle had some emerald colored verdigris on the outside of the doors :frown: and yep, the plating is gone in those small spots. Not pretty but functional.

All in all a very interesting education on what comes off and what doesn't. I feel I got three razors presentable enough to use and if I ever get under the crud on the crustiest one it might be usable if the lights are low and I squint hard without wearing my glasses.

Extremely grungy, thick, nasty dark green verdigris made that fat handle tech look black. By the time I got through knocking most of it off with a toothbrush and various evil compounds, I think I might have gotten clean through the copper plating...is there a base metal in the handle? If not, there is some strange oxidation going on there! :confused:

The other fat handle cleaned up pretty nice, a little brassing towards the sides up top but not bad at all. The ball end Tech has some of the plating on the top that's just barely bubbled, but otherwise it's just fine. The SS black handle had some emerald colored verdigris on the outside of the doors :frown: and yep, the plating is gone in those small spots. Not pretty but functional.

All in all a very interesting education on what comes off and what doesn't. I feel I got three razors presentable enough to use and if I ever get under the crud on the crustiest one it might be usable if the lights are low and I squint hard without wearing my glasses.

The base metal of the handle would most likely be brass or, perhaps, copper. Either of these cupperous metals can produce a green oxidation under wet conditions.

Regards,
Tom

Top Bottom