What's new

Aftershave splash rec.

OK so I am looking for a splash that generally smells like this: vanilla, amber, woodiness. Basically I want something woody with a little sweetness to it.

The actual notes don't have to be what I just listed. Those are just general ideas of what the splash I'm looking for would have.

A free pack of Merkur blades to anyone who helps!!! :lol:

I'm afraid I'm not very helpful w/ scents, but your avatar caught my eye... I'm an alum of I.U. too - though I graduated in 1978. I really enjoyed I.U. and I make a very brief swing thru about once a year. Hope you had a good experience there too.

Awesome! I know for certain we aren't the only IU alum on this board!

Wonderful place isn't it?

Not a splash but 'vanilla, amber, woodiness' sounds exactly like CO Bigelow Red Elixir..

If you have a Bath & Body Works nearby go check some out.. Check out the 'Black' Elixir too..

Edit: Oh, and the fragrance has real staying power...

Anyway to get samples?

Does it smell like the shave cream? I have that coming this week. If I like the cream a lot, is it a safe bet that I'd like the splash?

Anyway to get samples?

Does it smell like the shave cream? I have that coming this week. If I like the cream a lot, is it a safe bet that I'd like the splash?

I've only tried samples of both the cream and the AS but to me they smelled very similar, with the cream being a little sweeter than the AS. I have the soap and the edt currently which I bought based off my experience with the samples and the only reason I don't have the AS is that my usual vendor (www.vintagebladesllc.com) is sold out at the moment.

Most aftershaves scent fade away very quickly, there are exceptions. If you expand to colognes you would have many choices for fragrance.

Top Bottom