What's new

Two Shavemac sizes

My two DO1s, side by side. Bernd said the white handle one is 25mm knot and 55mm loft, the small, wacky retro 23mm/50mm. I need to get some accurate calipers, the difference between the two seems greater.....but both foam beautifully and have not lost a hair so maybe it doesn't matter!

Mini poll: which Shavemac next? Do DO1s exist in 30mm knot :)

Cheers Michael

Wow, that 25 looks huge.......

When you measured with your calipers, were the actual knot sizes close to the purported knot sizes???

I ask because I used a cheap caliper to measure my Rooney 22mm knot as compared to my Shavemac 23mm D01.........and here were my results: Rooney, about 21.5mm, Shavemac, 25.5-26mm.

So, if you got a large discrepancy, maybe I should get a better caliper as well.

My cheapo plastic calipers say the '25' is a 26.5 and the '23' is a 22.5.....

Ok, a few more questions......1) where did you measure, the hole of the handle or the bristles themselves??, 2) had you used the brushes yet when you measured???, and 3) how tight did you squeeze???

Just my $0.02 but based on what I have seen, I believe that the measurement is made at the base of the bristles and refers to the diameter of the knot where it is inserted in the handle.

Yes good backbone. Not excellent like a Rooney Heritage Stubby 3 and not weak (floppy) like my Simpsons PJ3 - somewhere in between. The Shavemac probably has the softest tips though. Hope that helps!

Just checking the retro-line on the Shavemac site and I can't find a brush with that handle for sale. They have a pic of the brush but don't have it listed for sale with the other ones. Am I missing something? Or perhaps they are out of stock? :confused:

Wow it does look like it's gone. The one you like is the 585. Like you said there are pictures of it but no link to buy. I see they have the 581-584 but no 585 link.

If you are serious about ordering I'd suggest dropping Bernd an email via their contact link and inquire.

It is a beautiful brush and performs fantastically!

Top Bottom