What's new

First week of DE shaves - Shave #5 Which Blade next?

All,

I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldnt have picked a different week to start. This is a seven shave week and I'm new at DE shaving (15 years with other types)... Just finished my fifth shave with my Derby from WCS. Not a bad shave. Every day I'm changing my routine however, so its a bit difficult to tell what works/what doesn't (my fault I know...it comes from having every acquisition disorder on the wiki!!! :001_smile)

Anyway, I'm chucking the blade tonight and going with another one tomorrow...any suggestions?

Unfortunately, I have two more shaves to do this week (Friday Saturday) which will make 7 total shaves before a break.

Here is the setup I plan on using:

Vulfix PBB
Col Conk pre-lather of brush
TOBS Almond Cream
40s SS (WHICH BLADE?)
Alum
Witch Hazel
Proraso ASB

I had some time this morning so I took my time. Probably the best shave of the week (save the first one...which over the last 15 years has always been good after letting my beard go a day) I knew something was wrong when my WIFE beat me out of the bathroom! She said: "I can't believe for the first time in our marriage you're in here longer than me"

I guess I'm hooked :shaving:

I have a very coarse beard, so I only use a Derby for 3 days. I would use em for another round, just concentrating on getting your system smooth. Then you can more realistically decide which combination works best for you. Good luck!

IMHO, Derby's are the best all around blade, but you could get the West Coast Shaving sampler pack and keep tying them till you find the blade you like the best.

Thanks for the advice...Derby #2 it is! Sucks to have to shave 7 times in a week :( Next week I get a three day weekend to let my hair grow out though. Maybe I'll try a different blade then.

Thanks!

Top Bottom