What's new

Anyone ever use COLLOIDAL SILVER nasal spray?

If you dont know, silver and copper metals have been shown to kill bacteria, something to do with the ions given off by the metal.

But i havent found anything to prove that colloidal silver nasal spray works to help with sinus infections and such.

Anyone ever use something like this? Did it work for you?

I agree. I have been using it for years topically for small scrapes and cuts and find it safe and effective.

It does kill the germs, but I wouldn't use it internally.

Last edited:
IMO, it's pure humbug.

What do you think is humbug? Silver and copper being antimicrobial? Or the colloidal silver in nasal spray?

Oh, and from the article:

The condition he has is called argyria, and NBC’s chief medical editor, Dr. Nancy Snyderman, said it’s caused by the silver that Karason used to treat his dermatitis and has been drinking in a liquid form called colloidal silver on and off for some 14 years.

I dont think i'm planning on using this stuff for 14 years.

i've used colloidal silver off and on for years,it was the only thing that touched a severe strep throat i had one year. i've cured upper respiratory problems in my cats with the stuff. now if you read the article that has been linked in previous posts that man's side effects started after using a silver preparation for dermatitus.that was probably a silver salt or silver protein gel neither of which are looked upon very favorably by alternative health care people.because they can cause argyria at low dosages.there are many people who drink colloidal silver every day with no ill effects.this guy may have just had a rare sensitivity to the stuff.
try silverdatawebsite.org for info on this stuff.brigham young university and a number of other places have done studies and are linked to the site.colloidal silver has been shown to kill MRSA and hundreds of other infections.that said ,it is a contact killer. if the silver particles cannot come into conact with the germ it is not very effective.
IMO spray away!!

Last edited:
If germs can't live on silver, than why don't some Christians get ill all the time from drinking from a common silver chalice at communion? Why, back in the day, bottle water companies hung a piece of silver in their water dispensers to help keep the water free of germs?

I have used it externally, with excellent results and without the stinging or irritation you get from drugstore antiseptics.

i've used colloidal silver off and on for years,it was the only thing that touched a severe strep throat i had one year. i've cured upper respiratory problems in my cats with the stuff. now if you read the article that has been linked in previous posts that man's side effects started after using a silver preparation for dermatitus.that was probably a silver salt or silver protein gel neither of which are looked upon very favorably by alternative health care people.because they can cause argyria at low dosages.there are many people who drink colloidal silver every day with no ill effects.this guy may have just had a rare sensitivity to the stuff.
try silverdatawebsite.org for info on this stuff.brigham young university and a number of other places have done studies and are linked to the site.colloidal silver has been shown to kill MRSA and hundreds of other infections.that said ,it is a contact killer. if the silver particles cannot come into conact with the germ it is not very effective.
IMO spray away!!

That website you linked to doesn't exist.

SilverKarn:

google "argyria"
proxy.php

This is what can happen with silver toxicity. I have seen this in person several times, and it truly is amazing. Reminds me of the gum-chewing girl from Willy Wonka.
Short term - can't hurt. But it does build up over time.
Be careful.

Last edited:
my mistake silverdatawebsite is the yahoo health group forum moderated by silvermedicine.org. do a little research and you will find a lot of info on the subject such as britains national health service started using CS and had an 80% or so drop in MRSA cross-infections in the facilities using it,the USMC were issuing socks with silver content as it ended fungal and other infections on the feet.CS is useful stuff but not a cure-all.

SilverKarn:

google "argyria"
proxy.php

This is what can happen with silver toxicity. I have seen this in person several times, and it truly is amazing. Reminds me of the gum-chewing girl from Willy Wonka.
Short term - can't hurt. But it does build up over time.
Be careful.

See, that guys problem was that he was making his own colloidal solution and drinking it for 14 years. He then used some kind of gel or ointment with colloidal silver on his face.

Who knows how much silver was in the solution he was using, and 14 years? No wonder he turned blue.

Top Bottom