What's new

Blade Usage

Two questions:

1. What is the difference in feel when a blade starts to degrade and needs to be replaced?

2. Would flipping the blade extend the useful life? Is this something that is typically done?

I would appreciate some expert feedback.

bungee,

First of all, welcome to Badger and Blade!

To answer your first question, for me, I notice a blade needs to be replaced when it starts grabbing and pulling my whiskers. I can get 4-5 days out of most blades.

For your second question, as cheap as blades are, I wouldn't worry about flipping them. I don't think its worth the time and trouble to do so, and I don't think it would matter as extending the life of the blade.

DL

I have moved recently to DE shaving. Having normally only shaved every 2 days I find that I get two good shaves per blade. The third shave starts to drag and hurt a bit. This tells me that I will have to use two blades per week and I feel I have quite light growth.
Like Dustini says the blades are cheap so don't worry about cost. Listen to your face.

Two questions:

1. What is the difference in feel when a blade starts to degrade and needs to be replaced?

2. Would flipping the blade extend the useful life? Is this something that is typically done?

I would appreciate some expert feedback.

bungee --

Flipping the blade doesn't extend the blade life. Too bad.

Here's my standard 'when to change blades' blurb...

Click!!

-- John Gehman

You'll feel the blade start to tug at your beard when it's time to be changed.

Flipping the blade does not work at all. It's still the same bleeding edge no matter how you turn it.

Top Bottom