What's new

Need a suggestion

So as I was finishing my morning ritual with a couple sprays from a sample bottle of Floris Vetiver - my wife comes in and says "I am glad you found this whole new 'shave thing', but I miss your old hip scents". Yeah, she said 'hip'. My wife is 26, and she thinks all of the new EDT's I have been trying out smell like a "Grandpa". The closest thing so far she has somewhat liked is Penhaligons Endymion.

I used to wear Axe (I know, I know) and Adidas Moves. She loved those. I have really been enjoying these new multi-layered smells though - it has really been enjoyable.

Does anyone have any suggestions of something that we might be able to find some common ground on?

Last edited:
my wife comes in and says "I am glad you found this whole new 'shave thing', but I miss your old hip scents".

Mine is the same. Happy that I found a new "thing" to do....but after all the samples I've order from Rorschuck she says she "misses the way I use to smell" and "you don't smell like you anymore". So this Valentines Day I know I will be getting a cologne she likes...cause she is buying it.

I might give her a list of the samples on badgerdecants.com and cross off the ones I already have! :001_rolle

I will miss my bed....but the couch is comfortable too.....

Of all my scents, my wife and daughter can only agree on a few and there is only 1 that they both really like.............. ANGEL MEN by Mugler.

I will say this is a very love it or hate it product and a little goes a very long way.

Well, been a while since we were in our 20's :biggrin:, but my wife isn't fond of old man scents either; in fact, she has a pretty narrow range regarding what she does like, and at the top of that list is Terre d'Hermes -- she just loves it, and it would be fine with her if that was the only scent I ever wore. Fortunately, it's also high on my list (along with Endymion)!

My girlfriend loves Aqua di Gio (I won a demo bottle years ago in a raffle). She also likes my Aqua Velva Ice Balm. I plan to branch out soon.

Good suggestions guys, thank you! I had heard the 1805 a couple other times as well, I think I will try that first.

And as always, glad to know that there is already a "club" in place for this type of thing... and I'm not the only member. :lol:

Suggestions, in order of what I think your SO will think:

Bvgari Aqva - nice aquatic. Get the version thats in a dark bottle, vs light blue

Bvgari Extreme - Hard to describe. Has some "Tea" notes to it that I like the most

London Brit - I love this scent. get a sample and see what the lady things, its a bit "floral", but its sophisticated... which could equate to old man again.

All of these are popular enough to get sample cards at a local Macy's, but you won't smell like your coworkers either.

So as I was finishing my morning ritual with a couple sprays from a sample bottle of Floris Vetiver - my wife comes in and says "I am glad you found this whole new 'shave thing', but I miss your old hip scents". Yeah, she said 'hip'. My wife is 26, and she thinks all of the new EDT's I have been trying out smell like a "Grandpa". The closest thing so far she has somewhat liked is Penhaligons Endymion.

I used to wear Axe (I know, I know) and Adidas Moves. She loved those. I have really been enjoying these new multi-layered smells though - it has really been enjoyable.

Does anyone have any suggestions of something that we might be able to find some common ground on?

Try some of the new Old Spice variations. They're supposed to meet on the common ground of "classic" and "new and hip".

My GF likes to point out that she's thirty six years old and had never been with a man that smells like a "man" until she met me. She greatly despises the "young and cheap" stuff like Axe and Mustang that pass for fragrances now, and encourages my use of "old man scents" by buying me stuff like Tabac and Ogallala.

If you are of a similar age to that of your wife, I would suggest two names: (1) Heeley and the other is (2) Anvers. Both incredibly great for younger guys. Go to www.luckyscent.com and get samples of some of the Heeley and Anvers and Anvers 2. Excellent for the classic lover; very young in attitude. Whatever you do, don't miss Heeeley's Cuir Pleine Fleur and Anvers 2. You will not be sorry and she will be happy, and you will be happy.

Top Bottom