What's new

accidents

Has anyone had any accidents with their razors?I bought a a shave ready razor of ebay a few weeks back and a strop,i gave it a little strop just for the sake of it because i have never done it before then tried to demonstrate "the hanging hair test" to my friend.......well after getting a bit carried away with chopping hairs in half and being generaly clumsy i wound up cutting a chunk out of the tip of my finger and half my nail haha.It wasnt anything serious but it bleed like a stuck pig and i freaked out a bit because i thought id cut off more than i did haha but luckily my friend steal medical supplies.Unluckily my shave after it wasnt so good haha

A chunk of my finger, you say? :eek: No. No, I can't say I've had any accidents like that. :bored: Be careful. While we may discuss straight razors affectionately, one cannot forget the potential for disaster if proper care is not provided.

Most likely, you dulled the edge. I'd try stropping 100 times but that might not do enough. You could try a pasted strop or send the razor out to get honed locally. Good luck.

Top Bottom