What's new

Pure performance: Which soap do you prefer - GFT, T&H, or DRH?

Which soap do you prefer?

• Geo F. Trumpers

• Truefitt & Hill

• D.R. Harris

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok, so I've got 3 creams and 2 soaps - I guess that means I need another soap to even things out! :biggrin:

Based on pure performance, not taking cost, scent, nor container into account, which soap do you prefer?

Geo F. Trumpers

Truefitt & Hill

D.R. Harris

EDIT: Sorry there aren't any other of the great soaps on there! I have tried many different soaps over the course of my wetshaving experience, and these are some that I've never tried but have often wondered about.

Last edited:
Not counting scent?

I have a puck of T&H and Trumper's and I have sampled DRH.

Tabac blows them all away. On top of that the scent is awesome!

:w00t:

I would rank them:

1. Trumper's
2. Harris
3. T&H

The Harris lathers a little quicker, but I silghtly prefer the lather I get from Trumper's.

Clint

There are others that I prefer.

I thought about putting others on there, but I've tried many different soaps and these three are really the only ones I'm considering at the moment. Sorry if there were some Tabac or MWF (etc) fans that felt left out!

I find Trumper's soaps to be a little better than Harris, but not by much. T&H is a good soap, but it would be my third pick.

I can't vote because my only soap experience is with Tabac and Mama Bear's but my next purchase will be an English luxury soap. I am leaning towards Trumper's because Harris just doesn't have any scents that appeal to me and I have heard a lot of praise for Trumper's Rose. We'll see.

ETA: Can anyone describe the scent of Harris Marlborough? Someone in the reviews forum said cedar, lavender, woodsy. Is that the general consensus?

Last edited:
Williams' above all the three due to its slickness and price. Scent is optional, and scent of any shaving soap does not affect a shave.

looking in as someone who'll be buying some of these in the future it appears that T&H is coming out last all round?

Top Bottom