What's new

Ocean State Job Lot

Who's crazy like me and buys edibles there?

I have come close to buying Tiger Tiger curry MADE IN CHINA, but suicide is not my thing any more.

has anyone really been brave and eaten anything from there they ought not have....and lived?

I have seen canned snails there, pine nuts, etc. Was wondering if the products are scary/not scary.

I do get olive oil, honey, Pelligrino, even juice there....and socks and hammers.

I have purchased many things there - but nothing truly exotic (mostly oils - grapeseed, almond, etc.)

All foods sold must not be expiered by law, so you shouldn't have a spoilage issue.

Be brave and take a chance!

Aha!

But....Tiger Tiger from China?

The supermarket Tiger Tiger is like nine bucks....but made in the UK.....

I am just thinking along the line sof what is ok to import?

But, then again, you NEVER see the jars and bottles that restaurants are serving from....maybe you are right!

I've ventured into a few things in the past, some are winners some suck. last week they had dried mushrooms, ****ake. I placed them in water, I couldn't stand the smell, it was absolutely horrible, they got flushed. I do pay attention to where the products are made though. If I was buying curry, I would look for it made in the UK or India. Crushed Tomatoes from Italy, that Kind of stuff.

I did score some cookies there last summer. I had found some cookies made in Italy at Shaws they were about $4, Job Lot had them for $2, same exact ones.

i buy food items at Big Lots all the time.usually the stuff is pretty good,occasionally i wonder about the taste buds of other regions of the world.never had anything skunky though.

Top Bottom