and after:
full

Some 2004 Vintage GLP Charing Cross. :drool: :drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Scotto said:
Stressful day today. Time for some light food, like a good vegetable stir-fry:
Some 2004 Vintage GLP Charing Cross. :drool: :drool:

Have you tried the GLP Fillmore ??
Im fighting off the PTAD lately but It needs to feed.. !!

Just had a lovely cup of Whittards afternoon tea. I'm not sure which leaves are used (definately 2 types, my guess is darjeeling and Chinese black), flavoured with bergamot and real elder flowers. I think I enjoy this mix even more than Taylors of Harrogate's Earl Grey, which is the best pure EG I've tasted yet.

Nothing like a hard drink and a smooth cigar to end a long day... even better, last night was a Cuban night with a Romeo y Julieta Coronas cigar and a rum (Havana Club Añejo Reserva) and coke with lime. Sweet.

Indulgence of the Morning: some Swedish blueberry mountain honey. Has the color of coral skin food, smells like honey and, well... blueberries and tastes like ambrosia. Great stuff. Very small jar though.

Defunct Rosebank. I’m drinking the past. Floral notes with a nice aftertaste of honey. A superb product.

I got a great surprise, today. My wife was making me clean up my room and I found bottles of Kentucky Spirit and Old Grand Dad 114-proof.

Tim

Made some interconnects out of CAT5 by untwisting the wires and then braiding them. Some RCA connectors, solder and done.

I love DIY. Nice Saturday. :biggrin:

Wolverine said:
A youngish single malt with a pleasant smokiness. A nice surprise.
Glen G-a-a-rie. Funny way of spelling it.

It is Gaelic.

I remember when we were having a baby and trying to think of girls' names. One I liked (and now you see hundreds of them) sounds like kaylie. But the Gaelic spelling was something like Cad... Never mind, I will never get close. It was a mess!

Tim

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
jduffy said:
Made some interconnects out of CAT5 by untwisting the wires and then braiding them. Some RCA connectors, solder and done.

I love DIY. Nice Saturday. :biggrin:

I don't understand- CAT5 is already twisted.:confused:

ratcheer said:
It is Gaelic.

I remember when we were having a baby and trying to think of girls' names. One I liked (and now you see hundreds of them) sounds like kaylie. But the Gaelic spelling was something like Cad... Never mind, I will never get close. It was a mess!

Tim
I think it was probably "Ceilidh" - I used to live in Nova Scotia, where one of the tourist regions is called the "Ceilidh Trail"; it was always fun to let the tourists try to figure out how to ponounce that word (and some others - like Kejimkujik) without any help. I guess that when you work a low paying job in the tourism sector you get your laughs where you can.

Twisted but not braided. You make a single line from four strands. Two white which are the ground, and two color, say green and blue for the signal. The other pair of color, brown and orange, with two more white make the other line.

Links:
http://www.platenspeler.com/diy/cabling/uk_4play_1.html
http://www.venhaus1.com/diycatfivecables.html
http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/setup/interconnects/DIYSpeakerCablesp1.html

The difference in sound was very noticeable for me as my old interconnects were inexpensive and terribly corroded. So much so that the left channel would go in and out. Now it's solid with much more clarity in the highs. Interesting.

Top Bottom