What's new

Valentines Day

What, if anything, are you going to do for your wife/girlfriend/whatever for Valentines Day? My wife loves lobster so I'm going to take her a nice place by our house that serves lobster, or get it at the grocery store.

Flowers, champange and a nice present also sit well with her.

The lovely Mrs. Dustinl and I will dine here for Valentine's: http://www.wildfiretexas.com/

This will be our third Valentine's here and it is quite significant for us because our first Valentine's we dined here, and afterward I proposed marriage and she accepted.

DL

A friend is getting married on Valentines Day.

Hmm... A wedding and alcohol should make the girlfriend real pleasant*

*note i said girlfriend, not fiance or wife....

Probably a dinner in and a movie rental. My wife is a CPA. Starting the first of this month, I see very little of her before 7 every night. She is pretty wiped by the time she gets home.

Probably a dinner in and a movie rental. My wife is a CPA. Starting the first of this month, I see very little of her before 7 every night. She is pretty wiped by the time she gets home.

Maybe it would be a good opportunity for you to have dinner ready for her when she gets home then give her a nice foot massage.

Maybe it would be a good opportunity for you to have dinner ready for her when she gets home then give her a nice foot massage.

I make dinner most nights. My regular schedule allows me to be home earlier than her most nights. I get the kids on to their homework and piano lessons before she gets home. After 20 years of marriage, we have found, its best to find the things that each can do and distribute the work, chores, accordingly. To me is more imporatant to do every day of the year than to feel that you need to do something special for your SO one night of the year.

For me, it's been a tradition for the last 10 years to bring home one 24ct gold dipped long stem rose, a mussy card and dinner.

I make dinner most nights. My regular schedule allows me to be home earlier than her most nights. I get the kids on to their homework and piano lessons before she gets home. After 20 years of marriage, we have found, its best to find the things that each can do and distribute the work, chores, accordingly. To me is more imporatant to do every day of the year than to feel that you need to do something special for your SO one night of the year.

+1

But Mrs. Chip does like it when I get extra mushy every now and again, so I made reservations at a nice restaurant and promised I would be properly dressed up.

Clean overalls?

Meal and maybe a movie is usual for us after 25 years together.

You joke, but I grew up on a farm and this is a true story... Some of our employees were going to a wedding after work, but the wedding was so close to when the workday ended that they wore their tuxes under their coveralls while they were working the field.

Point is, coveralls are for keeping your good clothes clean, so they usually aren't. :wink:

It's my father's 80th birthday, so we are flying down to NC for the occasion. Should be a nice break from the cold & snowy Maine winter we're having.

A little out of the way but doable. What do you recommend off the menu?

Everything we have had off the menu is good. We only go once a year for Valentine's but for us, it's traditionaly ribeye and lobster.

Austin, it is certainly worth the drive. It's right on the square in downtown Georgetown. The atmosphere is out of this world.

DL

Top Bottom