What's new

Let's say you just won the lottery.

After taxes, you have more money than you could hope to spend / donate / etc whatever.

Let's further say that you also had free reign and could buy anything you wanted even if it wasn't technically available anymore.

What is your perfect shave den?

Caveats:
Can't just say "Everything" :)
I'd like to see you pick a couple of each item.

Here are my thoughts -
Brushes - I'm in love with my B&B Essential, so that would stay. I'd likely add something higher end as well, though I don't know much about the brushes.
Razor - the SuperSpeed likely stays in my mainline, but I'd certainly think about adding in a President and a pristine New.
Blades - Whatever, like having money would change that part. :)
Creams / Soaps - I'd go Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet soap AND cream, and also Art of Shaving Lavender and Sandalwood cream and soap. Probably matching aftershaves, too. I'd also certainly keep the "cheap stuff" too, as I find Tabac and Proraso to be indispensable.

What I'm finding now that I'm thinking about it further is that the setup I'd go with isn't that far off from what I already can afford, really. This hobby is ludicrously cheap in comparison to my other hobbies (guitar, car). :) I'm kinda straining myself to come up with a more creative answer.... and that's why I am bringing it here.

Guys, be creative. :)

id splurge on soaps/creams/aftershaves/colognes generally, but specifically id try to lay my hands some some old 7 day straight sets. those things ooze class.

I'd have to work on the specifics but I know that it would be somewhere in my own brewpub in Poipu Beach, Kauai. :biggrin:

A very nice RV with a complete duplicate of your best equipped shave den at home. Then your travel shaves can be as good as the ones at home.

id go the review sections of the creams, soaps, safety and straight razors, and brushes and make a list. then id get a 1975 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am with a 455 :-D

I really have to agree, for the most part anything within the hobby that I'd like is affordable enough that if I feel the urge I'm buying it. As for the den itself, I might have a nice cabinet designed to store it all, and I'd get a new faucet for my sink (current one spatters a bit).

Not far from the shave den though, would be where I'd store my '59 Les Paul, Alvarez Yairi DY58 9-String and '80 BC Rich Bich 10 string.

I wouldn't worry over such trivial things, my live in barber would handle all those details, and if I'm not pleased, she will be replaced.

Well I would have a 66 GTO, 63 Corvette, 59 Triumph Thunderbird, 09 ZR1 Corvette, 05 GTO M6, 09 HD Dyna Low Rider, 09 Honda CRF450, All my snakes I want, Selmer Mark 6 Alto Sax and Tenor Sax, Les Paul Custom and a get a Marshall JCM 800 Full stack as well as a nice house on some property to house snakes, the cars, motorcycles and a studio loaded for my instruments! Then I would get some shaving equipment!

Cheers,

I'd just send a postcard to my boss. Then have fun scouring the antique stores of the US for enjoyment, looking for old goodies. For shaving, I've got about everything I'd want. My cigar stash would get a serious (Havana) upgrade, as would the coffee and booze that I enjoy.

-- John Gehman

I'd have a wall straight out of department store, nice hardwood shelves & tall units full a huge variety of creams, soaps, aftershave, balms etc. The difference being its in my house and not a department store.

An oldschool barbers seat
proxy.php
and a hot towel/water dispenser like at the beginning of this video attached to the wall would be great http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vY46z9I90p0

So basically instead of buying some new stuff I would devote a room i t he house to just shaving! :001_smile

I think I would have a larger den with a real barber chair and flatscreen that I could also watch in the jacuzzi.

I wouldn't worry over such trivial things, my live in barber would handle all those details, and if I'm not pleased, she will be replaced.

Oh, yeah!

I like the idea of matching sets of stuff. Say AOS Sandalwood, soap, cream, ASB and cologne. Do the same with D.R. Harris and some of the other nice brands.
Bill Ellis would get some of the money, so would Tony Miller.

For the rest of the money? All the usual fantasies, house, cars, vacations, kids trust/college funds etc....

Being far from rich now, I already have dozens of razors, most of which I still haven't tried. I also have about 13 years worth of blades, and many years worth of creams and soaps, most of which I haven't tried. I can't imagine what would happen if I had a few mil to toss around!

Frankly, I'd probably pay more attention to upgrading our living situation. Nice house, nicer car(s), travel, etc.

Actually, the only shaving related change I would make would be to move to a warm climate so I could use Proraso all year:biggrin:

If I was that rich, then I would keep a small apartment in London's Mayfair or St James (I would have a country pad too of course) and alternate shaves between the 3T's:001_rolle:w00t::001_rolle followed by coffee at the Ritz.

Other than that I would stick with what I use now. I don't like to be flash.

Well I would have a 66 GTO, 63 Corvette, 59 Triumph Thunderbird, 09 ZR1 Corvette, 05 GTO M6, 09 HD Dyna Low Rider, 09 Honda CRF450, All my snakes I want, Selmer Mark 6 Alto Sax and Tenor Sax, Les Paul Custom and a get a Marshall JCM 800 Full stack as well as a nice house on some property to house snakes, the cars, motorcycles and a studio loaded for my instruments! Then I would get some shaving equipment!

Cheers,

Apart from the snakes you bought almost everything I want....maybe I could I'd add a few more motorbikes, oh and a Nikon D3x and every pro lens in the lineup!

Top Bottom