What's new

this a.m.'s breakfast

what was your breakfast this a.m.?
i had a bowl of grits with cheese and chopped sausage,and several mugs of hot russian tea.
after shaving of course.

I had a peanut butter sandwich with sour cream and onion chips and a glass of milk. Yesterday it was cold pizza.:tongue_sm

Grits with brown sugar, black coffee and two clementines.

I think I may be the only Canadian who likes grits.

Grits with brown sugar, black coffee and two clementines.

I think I may be the only Canadian who likes grits.

Where do you get grits though? I like grits my parents live in Arkansas and I always have it when I'm there, but the kind you can buy there, like Quaker grits they don't sell anywhere up here.

A double bowl of oatmeal, along with two eggs sunny side up and a few links of sausage from Malabar Farm.

I like to cook the sausage in a large cast iron skillet with the lid on. When the sausages are almost done, I move them to the edge of the skillet, add a dab of butter and then drop the eggs in. I never need to seasons the eggs with salt and pepper that way, although I might add some pepper if I feel like it.

Where do you get grits though? I like grits my parents live in Arkansas and I always have it when I'm there, but the kind you can buy there, like Quaker grits they don't sell anywhere up here.

My parents brought some back from Florida, but you I think there is a Cajun store in town that sells them. Also, Bob's Mills (they sell this brand of dry goods in lots of stores - both grocery and health) makes a coarse polenta that can be made up as a cereal, but its not quite the same thing.

I'm going to order some from the US if shipping isn't too crazy.

3 egg omelette with onion, cheddar cheese, salsa and sour cream, washed down with some fresh ground Kroger's coffee.

V

VR6ofpain

I bought some corn beef hash (can) and planned on making some pancakes with it for breakfast today. All I ended up having was a glass of water and a cup of coffee. Later I had 3 more cups of coffee. Some time after that I had lunch. Bummers.

Top Bottom