What's new

this a.m.'s breakfast

Because Denny's was giving away free Grand Slam breakfasts today. That is what my son's and I ate.
Two eggs, two pieces of bacon and sausage and pancakes. I also had milk and coffee.

My parents brought some back from Florida, but you I think there is a Cajun store in town that sells them. Also, Bob's Mills (they sell this brand of dry goods in lots of stores - both grocery and health) makes a coarse polenta that can be made up as a cereal, but its not quite the same thing.

I'm going to order some from the US if shipping isn't too crazy.

Well yeah coarse polenta is fairly similar, I knoe the Bob's Red Mill stuff is pretty expensive but I bet you could get coarse polenta/cornmeal at the bulk barn for a pretty cheap price. They have lots of different stuff there you can make into cereal. Last time I bought some Rye flakes, it looks like oatmeal but more brown in colour and they cook just like it and taste different, a good change of pace and they have tons of fibre and such so it's health as well.

Today I got my free Grand Slam breakfast at Denny's, including:

• 2 pancakes w/ syrup
  • 2 eggs (over easy)
  • 2 pcs. bacon
  • 2 links sausage
  • 1 cup coffee (refilled twice)

I was alone, so I was able to skip the line (which was out the door) and go straight to a seat at the counter.:thumbup:

Enjoyed some small talk with a nice older fella sitting beside me.

Top Bottom