What's new

Jack Black products?

The only product I like and use is their hand healer. The bullk of their products are overpriced and mediocre at best. Get samples before you buy.

I have a special Eaue de Jack Black. The label says its 99% pure Jack Black sweat:eek:

Sorry, never used the real product.:biggrin:

Austin said:
The only product I like and use is their hand healer. The bullk of their products are overpriced and mediocre at best. Get samples before you buy.

Agreed. Their shave gel is responsible for the worst shave of my life, but the hand healer is top notch. It could smell better, but I've even had a few women comment on how nice my hands feel, so it must work well.

Jack Black makes a pretty nice lip balm. 6 bucks a tube but feels great and protects with SPF 25.

Shane

AACJ said:
On what exactly? The actor, shaving stuff, cologne, hand lotion?

There is something slightly disturbing in having the actor and the hand lotion mentioned int he same sentence. LOL

Austin said:

Yeah - the hand healer rocks... but I wasn't impressed with the other products that I sampled.

hand healer - good but not great. it is a bit greasy to me.

lip balm - good stuff but i cannot imagine ordering it again once it is gone.

beard lube - i used this with good results before making the switch to creams, soaps & the DE. i had good results with it. a bit expensive for the amount of product.

body lotion - great!

face scrub - horrible. dried my face too much.

that's about the extent of my knowledge regarding this line.

s~s

I use the Lip Balm. Is it great?.....No, but it does the job fine. None of the other products make me want to try them. I've had good luck with Baxters of California products and most of the Anthony Logistics line.

This is a good site to poke around on, read reviews, get prices and familiarize yourself with whats available for your need. Hope this helps.

www.menessentials.com

-Scott-

soulshine said:
beard lube - i used this with good results before making the switch to creams, soaps & the DE. i had good results with it. a bit expensive for the amount of product.

I'd second that assesment. Here's a DE use for it though...

Use a very small amount of it and spread very thin as an aftershave when you go a bit too aggressive and get a harsh shave. Kind of works like a local anesthetic.

It will cool you down FAST. Once it dries follow it up with a nice calming balm.

i purchase all my baxter's products from menessentials & have nothing but excellent feedback for them. at one time i purchased many-many different skin care items but have since narrowed it down to what works best for me.

s~s

Dumb question, but are the Actor and skincare line associated. Either way, something about the line turns me off slighty. Seems a little to modern spa-mannish for my taste.

-Mo

I also started using the Beard Lube before making my switch to a DE. However, I just used the Lube with my Merkur Progress for the first time and got a miserable and uneven shave. Does not lubricate very well even when I applied multiple times. Yes, you can see what you are shaving, but it wasn't a close shave by any means, even with multiple passes. Does not stand up to the AOS Lavender cream that I have been using. Have not tried it as a post-shave balm, but maybe that's a good idea. Bought a tube at a spa in Napa for $17, so I am hard pressed to just chuck it. I'll just use it as a quicky shave gel, when I really need to cut and run.

I've used only the mattifying face lotion (I can 't remember the actual name right now). It's expensive, but works very well and seems to last forever b/c you use only very little of it at a time.

Lipbalm - good
beard lube - used as a pre-shave 'oil', bad for actual shave
face scrub and face soap -awesome in the summer, dries me out big time in winter
Moisturizer - I blew $28 on this crap at Nordstrom's, used it twice made me greasy as hell.
Hand healer - great
Shave cream - couldn't create a lather to save my life
hair gel - very good

Top Bottom