What's new

perma sharp

If you mean Gillette 7 O'clock "perma sharp" blades, I think those are made in India. Google should give you a few sources that have them in stock.

Where can i purchase perma-sharp blades they are made in turkey any one no.

I know the ones you mean - they are just called 'Perma Sharp' - I got a pack some time ago with a razor I bought on the bay. I've been curious about them too.

Can you post a photo?

proxy.php

This is the blade - they seem very rare!

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I've just brought a good stock of Perma Sharp blades back from Turkey (to the UK) - drop me a PM if you are still interested (I know the thread is a little old) or just do a Google search on 'Perma Sharp Blades'

I think forum member Melyus offers these blades. His prices are very reasonable. I bought 100 Shark blades for $12.00 shipped CONUS. Excellent vendor. I would PM him and see what his price is for the Perma-Sharps from Turkey.

eric.

Permasharp blades were made in Turkey until 90's. Gillette purchased this factory and brands of it, and one year later they closed the factory in Turkey. They started to produce the Permasharp / Permatik brands in Czech Republic Astra factory (formerly purchased by Gillette from the post-communist privatizations)

After Czech republic was into European Union, the labor costs went higher, and the factory was moved to Russia.

Now the Gillette factory in Russia (producing the low cost Gillette items for the region) manufactures under several brands owned by Gillette. Gillette, Astra, Permasharp, Nacet etc) Actually the quality of the Russia Gillette is pretty well, and the products made under different brands are made in the same machines with the same good quality.

Actually if you want to know how I know all these, the company I am a partner of (Marmara Ltd), is one of the world distributors of Astra brand since 1985. I joined the company in 2007 but the company witnessed Astra being sold to Gillette and then the merger with P&G. I also visited the Gillette plant in Russia in 2007.

Permasharp blades were made in Turkey until 90's. Gillette purchased this factory and brands of it, and one year later they closed the factory in Turkey. They started to produce the Permasharp / Permatik brands in Czech Republic Astra factory (formerly purchased by Gillette from the post-communist privatizations)

After Czech republic was into European Union, the labor costs went higher, and the factory was moved to Russia.

Now the Gillette factory in Russia (producing the low cost Gillette items for the region) manufactures under several brands owned by Gillette. Gillette, Astra, Permasharp, Nacet etc) Actually the quality of the Russia Gillette is pretty well, and the products made under different brands are made in the same machines with the same good quality.

Actually if you want to know how I know all these, the company I am a partner of (Marmara Ltd), is one of the world distributors of Astra brand since 1985. I joined the company in 2007 but the company witnessed Astra being sold to Gillette and then the merger with P&G. I also visited the Gillette plant in Russia in 2007.

Interesting. How would you compare the Perma Sharp to Astra SP?

Check out bestshave.net. He shows both the 10-pack in plastic and the 5-pack in carton. The 10-pack in plastic is "Sold Out," and will likely be so until he removes the listing. The 5-pack in carton is reasonably priced, and is considered by most to be better than the 10-pack in plastic, wherever it was made.

You dont want the permasharps in the plastic case, you want the cardboard carton - they are different, or so I am told - I never tried the plastic case version.

Search ebay for "perma sharp" and look for this:
proxy.php

You dont want the permasharps in the plastic case, you want the cardboard carton - they are different, or so I am told - I never tried the plastic case version.

Search ebay for "perma sharp" and look for this:
proxy.php

Those are the ones I ordered from a vender on ebay reasonable.

Welcome to B&B!
There are a lot of Astra fans, here, for sure.
-- Chet

The Perma-Sharp blade is one of my favourite blade. I tried to find something out about the history of this blade and luckily you have more information about these blades here.

I own Perma Sharp blades that are made in december 2002 and these blades have the 'Celik Sanayii' printing on them:

proxy.php

I always thought these blades were made in Istanbul then but you state the last blades of this brand were made in Istanbul in the 1990ies.

So do the Czech made blades have the 'Celik Sanayii' printing too?

Please don't misunderstand me, I do not doubt your information here, I'm just curious to get all informations I can get about the history of my favourite blade.

Top Bottom