What's new

Cobra Classic Injector Razor

Can anyone describe the finish color of the razor? The pics make it look gold tone or brass, but I can't tell if that's the actual color, or if the hue of the pics just makes it look that way.

Can anyone describe the finish color of the razor? The pics make it look gold tone or brass, but I can't tell if that's the actual color, or if the hue of the pics just makes it look that way.

The finish is silver-nickel.

...and, after using my Cobra Classic for six month, I'm still convinced that the shave is great!

Regards,

Thanks for the info, Ken. All the reports I've read attesting to its uber-aggressiveness give me some real pause for thought when considering getting it.

Even loaded with the super pro's it's not that bad. First shave I felt a little raw, but the 2,3,4th shave have been very nice.

I think the Muhle R89/R41 are still more aggressive than the cobra, but it's been awhile since I have used the Muhle and I will have to dig out the Muhle to do a side by side.

The price tag is a bit of a jaw dropper, I got mind for less on the BST.

Also the razor is chrome colored I don't see any golden sheen on mine, I think the lighting is playing tricks on the camera to give them the warm yellow glow in some of the photos posted

:001_smile Just received my Cobra razor from Classic Shaving. I'm 66 yrs. young and have shaved from my youth with about every safety razor around. I have for quite a while been cutting down Feather blades for a number of my vintage injectors for the best shave experience. So, I was very happy to see a manufacturer bring out a new razor for these fine blades.

The 1/4 inch wider head of the Cobra takes a little getting used to. Not so much for the width but the balance, as I believe the handle on this razor should have been longer and of a different shape. I find I cannot get a comfortable grip on it as of yet. The angle of the triangular shape seems too much and makes my fingers want to slip off of it. The designer should have looked more at the handles of the late Schick Injectors. They are longer then on this razor, and not so much angle on the taper. But, all that a side, they did incorporate the striations on the safety bar of the original Schick design, and this is what makes for the great shave I'm used to. I have both the Pal and the Personna copies of the Schick which do not have the striations and they do not shave as well IMHO.

The shave, well knowing the Feather Blades, I chose Cremo Cream for my first shave. The shave was close and very smooth, but I did have that control problem with the handle and kept searching for a proper grip on it. The Injector razor normally needs just a bit of pressure as they have no weight to speak of and hold their own angle. This razor has weight, and needs a light touch, just let it's own weight do the work. The out come was as smooth a shave as I've ever had, even a day later. I'm a red head with sensitive skin and fine beard. There was a hint of irritation, but the Cremo Creme seemed to negate it to a great degree, and I'm used to this with first shave with fresh Feather Pro Blade. All in all, I like this razor very much and may try shrinking some plastic tubing over the handle to increase my grip on it.

Can anyone take some pics with the BLADE ON???!!! That would rock!

I'm thinking about getting one or maybe the Slant... Don't know yet which one is better.

Sound like a great shaving razor, but a little too rich for me. The shaves sound great. I'm not sure I like the styling, but sometimes things do look better in person.

Anyone have problems with the "skin thinning" that some daily users of the wicked sharp Feather blades allegedly experience?

K.T.

Like many that have posted in this thread, I have been using a Cobra Classic for almost a couple years and it is by far my favorite shaver. In fact, a while ago I sold all of my other razors as nothing else provided such a close and smooth shave. However, the desire for a bit of variety got the best of me and I ended up paying Bullgoose a visit. As I now have another razor in the home Texbilly and his Joris DE Tour planted an idea in my mind to do the same with my Cobra Classic...and so I am hijacking this thread. :001_smile

To quote Bill: "Since many of you may have been scared away by its alleged aggressiveness and perhaps its price, here's a chance to test drive this beautifully made razor.... Let me know by reply if you're in and I'll follow up with more information in a few days, once I measure overall interest." Any current member (as of this post) may reply with interest.

Cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y26HJJdjomk

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Do you mean you plan on passing this razor around? I have been dying to try a shave with this thing!

Like many that have posted in this thread, I have been using a Cobra Classic for almost a couple years and it is by far my favorite shaver. In fact, a while ago I sold all of my other razors as nothing else provided such a close and smooth shave. However, the desire for a bit of variety got the best of me and I ended up paying Bullgoose a visit. As I now have another razor in the home Texbilly and his Joris DE Tour planted an idea in my mind to do the same with my Cobra Classic...and so I am hijacking this thread. :001_smile

To quote Bill: "Since many of you may have been scared away by its alleged aggressiveness and perhaps its price, here's a chance to test drive this beautifully made razor.... Let me know by reply if you're in and I'll follow up with more information in a few days, once I measure overall interest." Any current member (as of this post) may reply with interest.

Cheers.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Cheers.

Michael, well done!!! Allow me to be the first to say I'm in!! :001_smile
Edit: OK, maybe second....HeHe

Last edited:
Top Bottom