What's new

Cobra Classic Injector Razor

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
:thumbup: You guys are wonderful! Count me in Michael, and thanks. Tom, I'm with Bill on the Panasonic though

Maybe you're right, it kind of reads like a trick question. Never mind then, I'll assume everyone uses current Schick Injector (chinese) blades.

The Cobra Classic uses Feather Professional blades that Feather makes for their disposable blade straight razors (e.g., Feather DX). It is the only blade that will fit the Cobra Classic and, hence, why some members will never buy the razor. I am banking on Feather making the blades for the long term considering they keep releasing new straights.

The Cobra Classic uses Feather Professional blades that Feather makes for their disposable blade straight razors (e.g., Feather DX). It is the only blade that will fit the Cobra Classic and, hence, why some members will never buy the razor. I am banking on Feather making the blades for the long term considering they keep releasing new straights.

If I recall correctly only the feather pros fit in these. you can get the supers to fit with a bit of work on the blades, but not recommended.

Thanks for the clarification.

Never tried the Cobra. Count me in please. What are your favorites blades in the Cobra?

When I purchased the Cobra recently, it came with Feather Professional Blades.

proxy.php

However, these blades gave me a lot of small nicks. I switched to the Feather Professional Super Blades and they work much better for me. I've only used one Super blade in the Cobra but I didn't have any trouble inserting it.

proxy.php

Feather also makes the Proguard and Light blades. I'm not sure if these fit into the Cobra as I've never used them. Maybe someone else can comment.

proxy.php
proxy.php

All images are courtesy of Amazon.

When I purchased the Cobra recently, it came with Feather Professional Blades.

However, these blades gave me a lot of small nicks. I switched to the Feather Professional Super Blades and they work much better for me. I've only used one Super blade in the Cobra but I didn't have any trouble inserting it.

maybe the thickness played a role, because i can't imagine exposure did...however, according to classicshaving

Feather Professional
Blade Thickness: 0.254mm
Blade Exposure: 1.2mm

Feather Professional Super
Blade Thickness: 0.31mm
Blade Exposure: 1.45mm

Michael, having looked (ok, stared) at the razor again, I can't believe I've never purchased one for aesthetic purposes alone. Add you feedback about its performance and I can't wait!! Thanks again for considering a tour. :thumbup1:

Michael, having looked (ok, stared) at the razor again, I can't believe I've never purchased one for aesthetic purposes alone. Add you feedback about its performance and I can't wait!! Thanks again for considering a tour. :thumbup1:

it's truly nicer in person..

Would consider buying one if i was in the states but the sending proof to classic shaving seems like a hassle

Could get one from a uk seller but seems overpriced

Perhaps another time ....... unless someone is prepared to do a huge favour and help me out

Looks like an amazing bit of kit tho

Last edited:
I got mine in the mail today and had a pretty good shave with it. I did nick myself good on my Adams Apple and one or two other places but it was a smooth shave. I do wish the notches stood out a bit farther to make blade loading easier, but I'm sure I'll get it with time. It's well made and looks good next to my Schick and Pal Adjustable.

I m contemplating the purchase of the Cobra.
Being in Europe I would like to order some blades in the same order...
what blade would you recommend to order ....I know it is a personnel choice but pls give me some input...
actually I m using a KAI CAPTAIN EXCELLIA in my straight Feather....really happy with...would it be ok for the Cobra?

Thanks

Tam

Last edited:
I'm using a KAI CAPTAIN EXCELLIA in my straight Feather....really happy with...would it be ok for the Cobra?

Yes, the KAI Captain (No Guard) blades work fine in the Cobra Classic. I believe the ones I have used are the KAI mild blades. You might be able to get others to comment if they have tried other types of KAI blades, but the milds are the ones I see referenced most often. I do not know where you are purchasing your razor from, but Classic Shaving typically includes one box of the Feather Professional blades with the purchase.

Top Bottom