What's new

Discussion thread for Knize Ten review

Awesome review, Howard. You have a knack for these things, I think. I want to like the Knize more than I do, but I find it too overpowering regardless of how I apply it.

That cuts it. I HAVE to get ahold of Scotto and get a decant of this stuff. The fact that everyone actually gets a LEATHER note from this scent is the clincher. I've been wanting to try it for a good while now and this really puts it over the edge for me. These stuffy old mature and formal scents are right up my alley. I guess it's one benefit of being over 40. You can pull this stuff off. Even if your normal attire is not business or formal. A bonus is that my my cute little wife really likes these scents on me so what's to lose?

Regards, Todd

Scotto said:
Awesome review, Howard. You have a knack for these things, I think. I want to like the Knize more than I do, but I find it too overpowering regardless of how I apply it.

It's a fine, fine line with this scent. Think of it as a continuous function. Somewhere between "I can't smell it at all!" and "Oh no, I've overdone it again!" is the perfect balance. This one ramps up so fast that it's tricky to find that perfect balance.

But it's worth the effort.

Phog Allen said:
These stuffy old mature and formal scents are right up my alley. I guess it's one benefit of being over 40. You can pull this stuff off. Even if your normal attire is not business or formal. A bonus is that my my cute little wife really likes these scents on me so what's to lose?

Todd,

You and I are fortunate. I also have a cute little (5' 3") wife who likes the "stuffy" scents. My wife even likes Blenheim Bouquet. What's cooler than a beautiful gal who understands the attractions of old leather books, aged tobacco, and worn leather saddles?

Nicely done Howard! I wear this cologne all year and have repeatedly been told it matches my personality, whatever that means. This replaced Creed's Bois du Portugal as my over all favorite fragrance.

Howard that is awesome. My wife is also 5'3" and as cute as a bug. Think Leah Remini from King of Queens. They are not identical looking but have the same hair colour and large brown eyes and wears size 3. Um yeah, fellas. She's CUTE. She also likes these classic colognes on me. She loved the Floris #89, Eucris, and BB 1818. So yes, I'm keeping her.

Regards, Todd

Phog Allen said:
That cuts it. I HAVE to get ahold of Scotto and get a decant of this stuff. The fact that everyone actually gets a LEATHER note from this scent is the clincher.

FWIW, I do not get leather from this scent. Pity, as I'm a huge fan of leather scents and the staying power of Knize Ten is awesome.

This scent is atrocious to me. I caution anyone considering this scent to get a sample first before you make a purchase.

Knize Ten contains castoreum. I'm not sure many other modern perfumes are using this. I may be wrong.

I wonder if the castoreum could account for both the longevity and the varied reactions of different people to this fragrance?

Some notes people report perceiving, like a rubber smell, I don't get at all. However, multiple people report it, so I think the perceptions of this fragrance differ widely.

Howard, my take on the scent is my personal experience. That is why I recommend that gents try first before they buy. This is a classic scent. Scents react differently on gentlemen. Some good and some bad.

All I smell is one of those plastic fishing lures whenever I smell this scent. :prrr: I hate it, but wonder if I am putting it on too heavy; I've got it in a sample vial only.

I have an uncle who wore only this for many years,he has passed away and I never gave it another thought till I saw it in the B&B decant club.
The first time I used it I almost vomited, I burn off fragrance very quickly so as a rule I have a heavy hand,after reading a review on another board the comments of strength and longevity I tried it again and realized how little I need.The experience was night and day. Feed back from friends and family have been more than positive.My aunt broke into tears when I walked past her at a family event.

It always amazes me how subjective a scent can be and how variable from person to person,my wife and her sisters often all use the same fragrance and how different it smells on each one is a wonder.

Kinda liked it. And add me to the club of men with a cute little (or not so, 5'6" is borderline on that) woman who likes it.

-Mo

I have changed my mind on this scent. When I first used it awhile back, I couldn't stand it. It literally almost made me sick.

Yesterday I applied a very small amount, being careful to just barely press down on the spraytop enough to get a very, very light spray. I have to say, that did the trick. I enjoyed it all day long. Of course, the scent was a tad light, but a full spray is an absolute a no-no, at least for me.

Just reading up on scents, the Knize Ten has piqued my interest. This auction for a decant has cropped up. Is it advisable to pick it up at this price? Am I likely to get what I pay for?

Any help appreciated.

That price seems excessive for what you will receive. If you are in the US, I just bought a 125ml bottle (4.2 oz) of the EDT for $75.00 from Colonial Drug in Cambridge, MA. I phoned in the order and the next day UPS delivered it. If I am reading the eBay price right, it is going for 11.99 British Pounds for 10 ml. Then you need to factor in shipping will will add even more.

I'd suggest buying from Colonial and if the scent disagrees with you, someone will surely take it off your hands if you put it out here. As far as the EDT goes, I LOVE it and no one that has 'sniffed me' has had anything but positive feedback.

-Scott-

I was just browsing at the perfumebay.com website which I do from time to time. They are now carrying Knize Ten in several sizes and strengths. I believe I have read some have had trouble sourcing this in the U.S. I have ordered from them several times in the past and never had any problems. Very quick delivery as well.

Top Bottom