What's new

TGQ Sampler Pack

All,

Just got the TGQ sampler pack from Colleen. She had fantastic service, was quick to ship and even answered my stupid questions!

I got the Highlander and Oak Moss Cream and following soaps:

Savon de Campagne
Desert Ironwood
Sandalwood
Cavendish Black
Provence Lavender

What an awesome deal this pack is! The soaps have amazingly powerful scents and my wife is already digging my new hobby!

I highly recommend this as a great trial. The pucks look large enough to get a few shaves each out of them. Same with the creams. I already know I'll be back as soon as I'm through with the sampler, and probably before. I'll post again tomorrow on how they shave.

All,

Just got the TGQ sampler pack from Colleen. She had fantastic service, was quick to ship and even answered my stupid questions!

I got the Highlander and Oak Moss Cream and following soaps:

Savon de Campagne
Desert Ironwood
Sandalwood
Cavendish Black
Provence Lavender

What an awesome deal this pack is! The soaps have amazingly powerful scents and my wife is already digging my new hobby!

I highly recommend this as a great trial. The pucks look large enough to get a few shaves each out of them. Same with the creams. I already know I'll be back as soon as I'm through with the sampler, and probably before. I'll post again tomorrow on how they shave.

Not a dog in the bunch either. I'm partial to the, Savon de Campagne, Desert Ironwood, & Cavendish Black myself.

I just got my TGQ Sampler in the mail yesterday, too!
I got in soap form:
Bay Rum w/Sweet Orange, Desert Ironwood, Oak+Moss, Highlander, and Orange Patchouli.
In Cream: Provence Lavender, and Creme de Campagne.

As soon as I opened the box, I could smell their lovely scents, even with a sinus infection that is rendering my nose virtually useless! I can't wait to try one today, even if I won't truly appreciate it without my sense of smell.

I just used the Highlander, and boy was it a great shave! A wonderful scent(my nose cleared up a bit), which to me was very gingery. It made a terrific lather, probably the best I've seen so far, and was very moisturizing as well. I can't wait to try them all, and figure out which ones to buy full size!

Zanzi,

I hear you. Those soaps are amazing. My bathroom smells awesome from just the sampler pack. I'm glad to hear you liked Highlander...that was my whole reason for buying the sampler in the first place. I got Highlander as one of my two creams. I'll try that once my Desert Ironwood is out. Guarantee I'm buying that one in full puck form!

Go to thegentlemansquarter.com and look at the very bottom of the website. In very small lettering are a series of links. One of them says samples. Click on that and you're good!

Awesome, thank you!

I have one question before I order, however -
I have a rough time with glycerin-based soaps, in terms of generating good protecting lather. For example, I LOVE QED soaps in terms of scent - but I have a hard time getting any kind of cushion out of their lather, and it seems like the lather disappears before too long no matter how much I use. That's been, in fact, my entire experience with artisinal / small-batch soaps. Is TGQ any different? Should I bother?

Endcycle,

I recently bought the TGQ pack and can tell you that they lather a bit easier than glycerine. I had your same problem on lathering glycerine soaps (mine was Col Conk Amber). After specifically watching the thread on this site about glycerine soaps and giving it a whirl, my Conk was giving me gobs of really slick lather. The TGQ doesnt take as much work, but I put in a bunch of water, pretty decent amount of soap and a ton of brush twirls to get it right. The sampler's only $15 bucks...and the scents are so strong, your mailbox will smell from about a yard away!

Colleen actually includes a little instruction/suggestion page for creating great lather along with the sampler pack. I found this to be very helpful. My second shave, I used a little too much water, and the results were not the same. So I suggest following her guidelines!

Well my sampler from TGQ has arrived. Ordered Monday and got here Wednesday.

All the scents seem promising so far, except the bay rum cream had a terrible smell when I opened it. Almost a rancid fishy smell to it...Not sure what to do with that one or maybe I need to let it air out or mix it?

However, I tried the sandalwood soap today and let me say that I was very impressed. I never have smelled sandalwood before so it was a unique scent that I enjoyed, not too overpowering. I lathered with the sample puck on my hand and contniued to face lather. Got a good lather and a great irritation free shave. Can't wait to get to the other scents...

I saw under about section on the TGQ website that they give out free samples. Do they still do this?

Also was shipping $6.95 for the sample pack?

I saw under about section on the TGQ website that they give out free samples. Do they still do this?

Also was shipping $6.95 for the sample pack?

I don't think you can have free samples. But when you purshase they always give you one.

But keep in mind these are not the regular 2-3 shaves samples. These are good for up to 10-12 shaves for the soaps.

bbfifas,

Not sure what to tell you about the bay rum cream. I haven't tried that one myself, but some scents just dont set well with folks. I wasn't particularly fond of TGQ's Lavender, but I will ALWAYS have Leatherneck and/or Desert Ironwood and Highlander in the rotation. YMMV!

Also, $6.95 sounds about right for shipping...I dont have my invoice anymore tho. Also, it probably varies depending on the weight of the package.

Scuba,

I have no discovered that everyones nose is different. I have had about 4 different people smell the bay rum cream, and 3 of them said it smells good and one said OK.

Kind of funny.

Top Bottom