Nice job Scotto!!! I agree, the hardest part of learning how to use a str8 is figuring out what hand to use and where.
I opted to use both hands. Like you, initially using my left hand wasn't the most mentally comforting thought. I think it took about a week to get comfortable using it. Now it's second nature and I would have a hard time not using my left hand.
I don't want to add to the confusion, but here's my routine. I think you're going to find that you take bits and pieces from different individual shaving routines to create your own.
1. N-S Right side of face sideburn to jawbone with right hand.
2. Repeat step one on left side of face with left hand.
3. N-S right side, jawbone to base of neck with right hand.
4. Repeat step 3 on left side of face with left hand.
6. Left side ear to mouth using right hand.
7. Repeat step 6 on right side of face with left hand.
8. S-N left side jaw bone to side burn using right hand.
9. Repeat step 8 on right side of face with right hand.
10. S-N left side base of neck to jawbone with right hand.
11. Repeat step 10 on right side of face with right hand.
13. Ear to chin on jaw bone using opposite hand and heal of blade.
15. Ear to chin below jaw bone using same side hand and toe of blade.
16. Touch up using water or shaving stick.
I hope that str8 shaving will agree with you, but If you decide that it isn't for you, you're correct - you should be proud for trying it. You've performed a ritual that men have been doing for centuries!
A good lather is half the shave.