What's new

Plisson European white vs High Mountain white?

Just wondering if anyone can compare these two grade of plisson hairs, preferably 2-band to 2-band.

I ask because I really like the look of their classic briar wood handle, but it only comes in the European white, and if its as good as the High Mountain white, then awesome, I save some cash.

Also, how does their 2-band hair (both types) compare to the Rooney "Finest" hair? Right now my only brush is a rooney 2/1 finest (i've sold my others because this brush is so amazing) and I'm looking for similar performance brushes that I can face-lather with soaps & creams, in order to give the rooney a bit of a break.

cheers guys,

-- michael

I cannot speak to the HMW, however, I have a size 12 Briar Wood in European white. Nice brush, but it isn't a Rooney. Frankly, Rooneys kick its *** up the street and around the block.

I think they are quite similar i.e EW and HMW, specially the New HMW that have been coming out look no different at all.. visually. Performance wise, I do feel that the EW seems a bit softer on the face, even the 2 band version. I much prefer them to the Rooney Finest, which IMO was very scrubby and stiff..

Hope that helps. On the same handle, I would go with the EW and save some dough..

I agree with Ameet. My HMW is more dense than the Rooney Finest I owned, but softer on the face. It is the only two-banded brush I have bothered to keep.

Clint

thanks for the insight everyone.

So to add another question, what else on the market today compares to the Rooney "Finest" brushes?

I personally like their scrubbing sensation.

D

doleeo

I too enjoy my Rooney Finest 3/1 but I've yet to come across a brush with similar hair.

The only Plisson I have tried was a #12 Black which was a little too scritchy for my taste.

I really enjoy my 2 band Simpsons brushes, they are somewhat similar to the Finest hair that Rooney uses, but not quite as firm.

I'd say, get another Rooney in finest. I'd personally love a 1/2 in finest.

I have a HMW two band and it is my best performing brush and my most favorite. I also have a Rooney finest medium and really the performance difference between it and the Plisson is so marginal that I don't think its worth the price difference.

I would guess a Simpson super would be the same as the Rooney. I have a chubby 3 in super and find it performs right up there with the Rooney or Plisson.

Top Bottom