What's new

Look at this picture please

Does that look like brassing on the end cap or is it just a reflection?

proxy.php

I sent a question to the seller, but there's only 3 hours left and I thought I'd get some other opinions.

It seems to me likely that, if the end cap is worn to the brass, the silo doors should be showing wear also. Does the seller show a good pic of the doors on the razor?

Regards,
Tom

Since you plan on bidding on it and the seller has not answered, i would assume the worst and say brassing.....not that it makes a difference for the shave.

OK. I took a look at his other auctions, a most of the pics taken at the same angle show the same reflection in the same place on the end caps. I'll have to conclude that it's a reflection until I hear from the seller.

I'd be more worried about the second end cap.
biggrin.gif

thats true... You have nothing to loose on ebay... just bid what you want to pay for it. If it turns out to be messed up make a claim against the seller under allegations of deceptive and misleading item descriptions. I do this all the time - works like a charm. Most people on ebay aren't crooks, just ignorant about razors (who can blame them really)... every seller I have dealt in this matter have gone out of their way to make me happy with their defunct auction item. god I love ebay... :lol:

V

VR6ofpain

Too bad you didn't actually have a photo of the end cap. You can barely see the top one in this picture, while the bottom one is buried in the carpet.

The seller sent me an email back and said it was a reflection. He said it is in near mint condition. The box has a messed up cover, but that looks to be all that is wrong with the whole setup. I'll know when it gets here.

I was watching that one. A nice pickup at a great price for a sweet 1948 Super Speed, the first year of the notched variety. Although there is no date code on this razor it is uniquely identified by the case. The 1947 version either had the same case but had no notch. The 1949 model came housed in the first styrene box with a red bottom and clear top.

Thanks. I didn't know it was a 48. I just knew it was a nice looking 40ies SS and I wanted it. You taught me something new, which is exactly why I'm here.

I probably could have gotten that info earlier if I could have posted the auction, but then everybody else would have glommed onto it.

What kept you away?

Top Bottom