What's new

Another newbie introduction

Hi, I've been wetshaving with gunk and cartidges for 15 years until last year my girlfriend (now wife) bought me a Taylors of Old Bond St starter set with a basic pure brush, almond cream and Mach 3 custom handle.
Recently I ran out of the cream and had a trip back to London, so after reading this forum for a couple of weeks I treated myself to a lot of new toys to pave the way into proper wetshaving.
I got Trumpers Coconut cream, Truefitt's Almond cream and Harris Arlington soap, a scuttle (I'd only tried face lathering till now) and a DE razor.
I was told in Truefitt's that it was a Merkur but looking online I realise that it isn't. No matter as it works ok, I may post pictures of it to see if anyone can help me identify it.
I'm currently taking it slowly with the DE till I have the technique down, at which point I'll start playing round with different combinations of cream/ blade/ technique etc.
Really appreciate the forum, cheers.

Welcome.

A forum full of fine gents (and ladies) with great tips and ideas.

Check out Mantic59's youtube channel for some great info and techniques
:001_smile:001_smile

Welcome! Looks like you've got a great starter setup...better than mine! I started with TOBS almond too...I think that spoils you a bit. But, its a great hobby and B&B is the place to learn!

welcome.

Youve lucked out on a wife, my friend! Hopefully she will not frown upon all the packages you have sent your way!

I have indeed lucked out. She may start to notice when 2 or 3 new brushes and razors show up but she's used to me having dozens of things that most people only have one of (bottles of single malt scotch, colognes/ perfumes etc) so I think I might get away with one more...

Thanks for the tip, I have already been through Mantic59's youtube vids, glad to know I've been on the right track.

Top Bottom