What's new

Shaving Convention anyone??

This might be a real silly qeustion, but are there such things as conventions for all us fanatics?? there appears to be conventions for everything these days.

If there are, where are they, I live in the UK, so clearly UK or european conventions would be great, however I do have family in the USA so that would be great excuse for a holiday

That's a really good idea. We could buy/sell/trade as well as meet and greet and get some of the vendors to set up booths for their products. wish there was an easy location to set this thing up and something with lots of time a great organizational skills... :)

I can see it now " The 1st annual B&B convention".

Well considering my friends goes to 'magic' conventions all the time, this surely could happen. (magic as in david blane, copperfield)

Comic Book Conventions, Video Game Conventions, Adult Conventions. I wouldn't be surprised if there already was some sort of Barber and/or shaving convention.

The First Annual B&B World Con

Featuring Shaving Contests as beautiful swimsuit models decide who has the smoothest shave and best smelling after shave. :biggrin:

I just got a call from a gentleman who holds two conventions a year for collectors of barbershop memorabilia. http://www.nsmca.net/home/

Their next meeting is April 24-25 in St. Louis. I think I will attend.

Honestly, I think we could have a large scale get together, but it would take a couple years in the making. I am hoping for about 3-4 regional get-togethers annually with a large scale one within 3 years.

We will have a get together in Canal Winchester, OH on May 30. You can contact me for more details at [email protected]

I can see it now.......dream sequence......like minded fellows, exchanging ideas, buying, trading etc , it would be excellent! so, who's gonna get the ball rolling??

I would be all for getting together, I would like to get together now (well before i was deployed) to get to know people and trade secrets and mantalk and stuff. We should open a thread that begins the planning for such an event.

I agree, it would take a lot of planning, we would need to decide where, when etc, I am in the UK, however I appreciate there is a HUGE amount from the USA (90%!) maybe it could be Bi-annual, First one in the states, two years later in europe , then the states again etc, you get the idea.

so, could this be the start of something beautiful?? has anyone organised anything like a convention before??

Gentleman, your website needs you!

Ok, how does this sound...a place where we can all meet , buy, sell and trade, shaving demos, competitions, all the vendors and suppliers under one roof, an education stall, attracting new shavers, a couple of bands playing (pretty shure there are some band members on this site!) samples, goodies, beer, fine cigars and fine wine...I don't know aBOUT ANYONE ELSE, BUT i WOULD LOVE TO GO TO A PLACE LIKE THIS!!!!

Ok, how does this sound...a place where we can all meet , buy, sell and trade, shaving demos, competitions, all the vendors and suppliers under one roof, an education stall, attracting new shavers, a couple of bands playing (pretty shure there are some band members on this site!) samples, goodies, beer, fine cigars and fine wine...I don't know aBOUT ANYONE ELSE, BUT i WOULD LOVE TO GO TO A PLACE LIKE THIS!!!!

What I am hoping we can achieve in Ohio is an area for trade/sales (with some of the vendors from the shopping area), some demos & presentations (Mantic, str8s, shaving mugs, various collectibles, how to shave, etc), tours of the Ed Jeffers Barber Museum (one of the finest collections of Barbershop Memorabilia in the world), shaves available from local barbers and antique shopping + I hope to get an area where we could do live streaming on the web to the other B&B members who couldn't attend.

Anything else would be welcomed, but I think this is pretty good for a one day thing with little or no membership fee.

There is another weekend long event that is held in October just outside of Cincinnati:
6th National Shaving Collectibles Meeting
October 10-11, 2009
West Chester, Ohio

Events like these are pretty important to sustaining the historical information of our hobby. Most of these enthusiasts are eager to pass on the things that they have learned and share ideas. Plus it is just good fun. I encourage anyone who is interested to try to create a small gathering of enthusiasts in a metro area nearby. It doesn't have to be large, but it will be a lot of fun!

Top Bottom