What's new

Blue Buns Challenge, 51 Hours and counting…..

It's back for another bone-chilling year! It's the 19th Annual WPLR Penguin Plunge to benefit the Special Olympics of Connecticut.

This will be my fifth year doing it and I am ready to go.

My SOTD is all set and capped of with none other than, you guessed it, Aqua Velva Blue Ice.:biggrin:

Over 200 people made the plunge last year! The air was a balmy 26 degrees while he water was a little more like bath water at 35 degrees. :eek:
We had two bands and a ton of food after. Talk about chillin’ at a great party.

Here’s a shot from last year. Sorry for the lousy photo, it was from the radio station file and I could not make it larger.

proxy.php

Come on out RichGem, this is right up your ally. Be one of the brave souls with a warm heart that will go to the extreme by running, jumping, and diving into Long Island Sound.

Here’s my challenge, while the radio station gives out great goodies and prizes, I will personally give a Large bottle of Aqua Velva Blue Ice to any B&B member that pm’s me and shows up (yes and plunges) on Saturday.

This year the party will be Saturday, January 31st and it’s at the Hammonasset Beach State Park in Madison, CT.

Come on fellows, let’s see what your made of...:biggrin:

That sounds exactly like something I would do, and would be willing to do, but as I'm no where near any of the locations....:frown:
I heard on the John Boy and Billy Show they were doing the same thing in North Carolina. They do one where they go once an hour for 24 hours, that's intense!
Anyway, kudos to you, my friend

That's awesome Ray, I didn't know you were a volunteer. It's such a great cause. I'm taking my dip on the 23rd of Feb. It kinda reminds of our old football days and those dang ice baths doesn't it? :biggrin:

One of our guys is taking two weeks off for the torch run in Idaho (or some place in the midwest...).

He was also the driving force in our having the single highest fundraising event in CA two years ago. Not bad for a town of just over 10,000 people.

Its a great cause.

That's awesome Ray, I didn't know you were a volunteer. It's such a great cause. I'm taking my dip on the 23rd of Feb. It kinda reminds of our old football days and those dang ice baths doesn't it? :biggrin:

Yes it does, but at least this is quicker...:biggrin:

Ray, it's a great cause, but I think you've confused me with someone who likes the CT Winters and ice cold water. :eek: Tell ya what tho, I'm gonna be in San Juan on Monday, I'll take a "quick dip" there and think of you, OK?

Ray, it's a great cause, but I think you've confused me with someone who likes the CT Winters and ice cold water. :eek: Tell ya what tho, I'm gonna be in San Juan on Monday, I'll take a "quick dip" there and think of you, OK?

Gzzzz what was I thinking, Penguin and all.....Come on, you'll appreciate San Juan that much more come Monday.

I would love to do it with you if I were not where I am. I think volunteering is great. Perhaps another time. . .

Top Bottom