What's new

Can brushes be too dense?

Okay, I've got a Rooney genuine silvertip, a boar, and a Shavemac pure badger. The boar doesn't really hold much water or cream for long. Enough for 1 pass, 2 if I'm lucky. The Shavemac seems to be too dense and is stingy with the water and cream. In other words, it keeps water and cream in the loft too much and doesn't supply enough to the face. The Rooney seems to be the best of both worlds. Does everything evenly well.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any other brushes besides Rooney that is in the middle of what I've described above?

Funny - my Rooney is the most dense brush I own and sometimes borders on too dense for my liking

+1. Brushes can be too dense, but everyone is different.

For some reason, I keep buying dense brushes and continue to not like them as much as I think I should. Someday I'll learn, maybe. :blushing:

I love the density of the Rooney Heritages and find not much of a problem releasing soap lather. If necessary I work it a bit in a bowl or scuttle to release the lather. I continue buying them too, it might be the way they bloom

If anybody wants to get rid of "too dense brushes" send them my way. I'll find those badgers a good home

I thought I had the same problem, and I did until I fixed it. My solutions are / were...

#1 Feed it more soap / cream. Its hungry, don't be stingy. My brush loves T&H as much as I do.

#2 Squeeze the brush . Get the heart of the lather by giving your brush a little squeeze. It should give up the lather then, if there is in the brush. ( see #1 above )

Top Bottom