What's new

Shavemac 163 - Transparent Acrylic

V

VR6ofpain

Does anyone have this brush?
http://www.vintagebladesllc.com/vshop/xcart/product.php?productid=829&cat=194&page=1

What do you think? I love the style and the knot looks great.

proxy.php

I've had it for a little over a year now and like it a lot! It did take a little time for me to get used to the handle, but I did get comfortable with it and it has become my favorite brush to use with Tabac.

the Shavemac 173 with a 21mm knot. I like the black handle and the shape which makes for easy gripping. I got a smaller knot than many because I have a goatee and thought I could better control going "out of bounds" with a smaller knot. I have only been DE shaving since mid-December '08 and this is my second and possibly last brush. Though I'm in the midst of picking up my 6th & 7th razor presently, I really think this brush will handle all my needs for the foreseeable future. It has the Goldilocks "just right" feel for me. One minor quibble: I've lost maybe 8-10 hairs so far - usually one here and there but four (!) at once last week. If it doesn't stop, I'll probably contact Shavemac (BTW, I ordered direct from them.) Possibly I may be exacerbating the situation by using water from a Rival heater that occasionally might be a bit too warm. And I not only swirl to build lather, but pump also. Don't know if I'm being too rough on it.

Attachments

• $shavemac sb1-173 21mm new.jpg
    $shavemac sb1-173 21mm new.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 188
Did you also buy from VintageBladesLLC?

No, I purchased directly from Shavemac.

Here is a picture from when it arrived:
full

This is my first and only Shavemac (for now) and it is a great brush! My only complaint is the visible amount of glue at the base of the knot. I know this issue has been covered, and I'm sure Bernd would have taken care of it if asked it just wasn't a big enough deal to send it back over.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I purchased directly from Shavemac.

This is my first and only Shavemac (for now) and it is a great brush! My only complaint is the visible amount of glue at the base of the knot. I know this issue has been covered, and I'm sure Bernd would have taken care of it if asked it just wasn't a big enough deal to send it back over.

Enjoy!

It looks really nice in the photo from what I can see. :thumbup1:

V

VR6ofpain

I really like the H.L. Thater brush too, not sure if Shavemac makes it but I am thinking they do.

proxy.php

attachment.php

Top Bottom