What's new

Small knot, short loft, big handle, silvertip

Small knot
Short loft
Big handle
Silvertip badger

Anybody have any suggestions for a brush like this?? :confused:

Small loft + big handle?

B&B LE 2008? :tongue: Or the Rooney heritage line. Or a custom Shavemac. Seriously, small loft and big handle is not mainstream.

Chubby 1, best, Stubby 1, Tulip 1 or 2. You could always wrap some duct tape around the handle of small brush.

As Dharion already noted, that is not a very common combination. The B&B LE '08 does, in my opinion fits the bill, but that doesn't do you much good since they aren't available.

I think your best bet is going to be to order a custom Shavemac.

Last edited:
Small loft + big handle?

B&B LE 2008? :tongue: Or the Rooney heritage line. Or a custom Shavemac. Seriously, small loft and big handle is not mainstream.

More and more B&B 2008 LEs are becoming available. In the past week I have seen three of them sold...

Last edited:
What you described would be Polo 8 in Super, although a Rooney Victorian or Emillion would both be close but might have a little larger knot than you are looking for. If you are looking for a medium sized handle a Rooney 2/1 or 3/1, a PJ 2, or Tulip 2 should all suit you as well. Than there are also the Simpson's Commodore and Colonel but those only come in Best although from time to time two-banded versions turn up.

Clint

Mark, I share you preferences of a smaller knot but longer handle.
My 2008 LE has been my go-to ever since I received it but I know that's probably not an option at this point.
Previous posters have done a good job of naming the brushes that came to my mind.
Most of this will depend on your definitions of "small, short & big."

They Rooney 3/1 would probably work for you or at least be a good place to start.
Also take a look at the Simpson Emperor and Polo lines.
And there is always the custom Shavemac option.

Good luck

Small knot
Short loft
Big handle
Silvertip badger

Anybody have any suggestions for a brush like this?? :confused:

Hhhmmmmm.....not trying to solicit your business, but this comes to mind :smile: 20mm silvertip with short loft, long handle, not main stream, but made to order :wink:

Hhhmmmmm.....not trying to solicit your business, but this comes to mind :smile: 20mm silvertip with short loft, long handle, not main stream, but made to order :wink:

I was going to suggest a custom to fit the bill...

Can the OP request a certain handle shape, length, etc?

Top Bottom