What's new

I like aggressive razors...

at least I think I do. I seem to have taken like a duck to water to razors that most consider aggressive i.e. superspeed red tip, merkur slant, fatboy on 9 and most recently the Gillette new . I was wondering who else has had the same luck. BTW it is very rare that I even get a weeper much less a nick, and usually only if I try to rush the job. Just wondering who else likes that superclean , superclose feel that you get from the more aggressive razors and what razor they use to get it?

When I was using DE's, my rotation consisted of a Slant, a New Gillette and a red tip Superspeed. I now use an old Gem Jr. lather catcher SE razor most of the time but, a couple of times a week, I still tend to use the red tip.

Regards,
Tom

I take my razors like my... whoa, man. I better stop there. :biggrin:
For some reason, on my face, the slant bar isn't the beast I was looking for. Still happy with the shaves, just not what I expected based on the reviews. The red tip is closer to what I was thinking the slant would be. I also have a slim that I usually keep set between 7 and 9. I'd have to say that for my money, the best aggressive razors belong to the SE family. Some of the Micromatics can really tear you up, but once tamed they can't be beat. I still save the Contour and Featherweight for days off from work, just in case I lose too much blood.:wink: Haven't got my hands on a G-bar yet, but most folks seem to like them. I'm also a big fan of the Valet Auto-Strop. They require a little blade modification to work, but worth the effort.
I must admit though, I do love my gentile shavers too.:redface:

Right on my friend :thumbup1:

I love the shaves I get from my old type gillettes

I have a ball end, a single ring, and a bull dog.

Ever since Ive switched to these more aggressive shavers I have had the closest cleanest shaves of my life.

My 40's SS has not seen any use since I acquired these.

My first 2 shaves with the old types I had weepers and nicks. Ive now learned to change the pressure and angle.

I love these extra close shaves.

I just found that I like my razors set to an aggressive setting too. I just started using my fat boy or slim set to 8 or so with Feather blades. I ordered a Merkur Slant, it hasn't come yet, but I'll probably like it.

I just got a Gillette NEW improved gold in the mail. Can't wait!

Top Bottom