What's new

Whats best for nicks and cuts?

For me minor nicks cold water will usually close them up. Anything larger a quick dab with a styptic pencil will take care of it.

Can't go wrong with a styptic pencil. Just remember to rinse the white off before heading out.

Peace

You know, that's why I prefer a styptic pencil over toilet paper squares. The squares are such a pain to get off when a little scab forms, but the styptic pencil rinses right off.

Of course, the toilet paper squares aren't accompanied by searing agony.

Clubman dab-on nick relief is good, too. Like a styptic pencil it has aluminum, but it doesn't leave visible residue.

i had that on my list. ill prb just get a clear stypic pencil and be done with it..i dont plan on cutting myself but im sure we have all said that going from disposables to DE's

+ 1 on clubman dab-on, that's what I use. Sometimes a witch hazel splash will seal up small cuts and nicks, but for those that don't, the clubman dab on will take care of.

Be careful with a styptic pencil. I used it on a pair of cuts which should not have scarred. However, I think that the styptic pencil prevented the cuts from healing together or otherwise interrupted the normal healing process. So now I use alum. Won't stop help bad cuts, but I'd rather bleed a little than have unnecessary scars.

If cold water, alum block or witchhazel doesn't do the trick, I go with My Nik is Sealed. It's clean and doesn't leave a white mark.

Top Bottom