What's new

First Wetshave

D

DavidBoyer

I am 23 years old and i began shaving when I was 14, later than my peers. I started out scared to put sharp blades on my face, so for Christmas that year, my parents bought me a Norelco electric shaver. I used it until my facial hair began growing in thicker at 16. Then I bought a Mach 3 and have been using with subpar satisfaction believing that this is as good as shaving gets. I recently discovered the safety razor and immediately decided that, in the near future, I would learn how to use it. My girlfriend surprised me with some pretty cool gear. I got a Merkur HD with a Merkur blade, a badger hair brush and Caswell Massey Sandalwood shave soap along with Leisureguy's Guide to Gourmet Shaving. So, with some study and determination I had a successful first shave. It was more rewarding than I had expected. I am looking forward to learning this art.

Welcome! Please note that the Merkur Blade is problematic for many, so, if you encounter problems in the shave, it could be the only part of your equipment that you can need to replace.

Congrats and welcome aboard! Read all of the FAQ's and tutorials here, once that is down ask lots of questions this is a great bunch of guys to learn from and there is a ton of experience here.

I am 23 years old and i began shaving when I was 14, later than my peers. I started out scared to put sharp blades on my face, so for Christmas that year, my parents bought me a Norelco electric shaver. I used it until my facial hair began growing in thicker at 16. Then I bought a Mach 3 and have been using with subpar satisfaction believing that this is as good as shaving gets. I recently discovered the safety razor and immediately decided that, in the near future, I would learn how to use it. My girlfriend surprised me with some pretty cool gear. I got a Merkur HD with a Merkur blade, a badger hair brush and Caswell Massey Sandalwood shave soap along with Leisureguy's Guide to Gourmet Shaving. So, with some study and determination I had a successful first shave. It was more rewarding than I had expected. I am looking forward to learning this art.

Welcome - its worth it to note that both Merkur Blades and Caswell Massey soaps do not have great reviews among many B&B users. You may want to try a blade sampler pack and do some research into some of the highly regarded soaps at B&B (Tabac is a reasonably priced soap that frequently gets great reviews).

Good to hear the first shave went well.

And good to hear you girlfriend got you some gear...you might want to keep her around for awhile. :wink2:

Any questions you have will be answered swiftly by the amazing members we have here.

Peace

Top Bottom