What's new

What is the most unabashedly, unquestionably masculine scent of all time?

What is the most unabashedly, unquestionably masculine scent of all time?

What scent is at the extreme side of masculinity?

Azzaro is an interesting choice.

How about the Creed Vintage Tabarome? Ginger and Tobacco is pretty rugged. Or Creed Royal English Leather?

I personally think Tam Dao is muy, muy macho. Along with its cousin Harris Marlborough.

I think the original Guerlain Derby is a marvelously masculine scent, without being too "geriatric" (a danger with some masculine scents).

Good call w/the Tam Dao Texas, it is one of my favs. I will throw the Tabac card on the table. It is the first scent I bought when I started wet shaving.

I was thinking Azzaro pour Homme Intense myself. I'm sure there some downright funky ones ("Sex Panther" comes to mind :wink:) that would wualify as uber-masculine, but I don't care for many of those.

Staying away from anything too funky/skanky (I couldn't possibly name less than six; witness my obnoxiously large collection), going with things I can actually wear, in no particular order:

• GFT Spanish Leather
  • Floris Vetiver
  • Guerlain Derby (vintage, not the soft-around-the-edges unisex chypre crap that is the current stuff <flame on!>
  • Eau Sauvage
  • Dunhill 1934
  • Creed Bois du Portugal
  • Creed Cuir de Russie
  • Tom Ford Ambre Absolute
  • Rochas Monsieur Concentree
  • Woods of Windsor
  • Dior Fahrenheit

For things I don't care for personally, but certainly qualify and are quality scents in their own right:

• Knize Ten
  • Caron Tabac Blonde (?)
  • Blenheim Bouquet

A heady blend of bourbon, testosterone and cordite smoke.

Seriously though...Blenheim Bouquet, SMN Peau d'Espagne, Yatagan, Mazzalori Lui. I don't really like the last two, so my vote is for Blenheim and Peau d'Espagne. I would add Knize Ten to the list, but it is too refined to be considered unabashed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom